We all have wardrobe staples, items we find ourselves consistently wearing, and loving. This summer, I realized that I have three things that I have been wearing over and over thi summer. (Well, not the… More
Now that it’s swimsuit season, it’s also swimsuit cover-up season. Let’s talk about what makes a good swimsuit cover-up?
When shopping for a swimsuit cover-up, you want something made of a lightweight and breathable fabric, a style that will complement your body type and a color or pattern that will match your suit. A swimsuit cover-up is great for when you want to go inside a store or restaurant when you’re taking a break from the beach or toss over your suit on a boat ride.
Traditional swimsuit cover-ups are available in a variety of styles and patterns. Here are the three latest options in swimsuit cover-ups from Ruby Ribbon:
- Cabana Cover-up – with striking black embroidery at the v-neckline, this cover-up adds drama to your summer look. It’s free and flowing with a tassel drawstring to accent your waist.
- Graphic Caftan – this loose and flowing cover-up is easy to throw on over a damp swimsuit. It’s bold and graphic pattern is designed to match nearly any swimsuit
- Beach Pants -these long and loose beach pants with a drawstring elastic waist are perfect over a fitted swimsuit. In a beautiful midnight color in a breezy cotton gauze, they are also great as a fun summer pant for a night out
If you only need a swimsuit cover-up occasionally, consider finding a wardrobe item that can double as a cover-up. Here are a few ideas:
- Mesh Bomber – the easy-to-wear, breathable mesh will show off your swimsuit in a fresh way; this isn’t like any swimsuit cover-up that others are wearing
- Fit and Flare Skirt – this fun and flattering skirt that hits at the top of the knee is great to pull over any fitted swimsuit
- Shirt Dress — this long shirt dress can be great for a casual topper for your swimsuit. In a crisp white, it’s sure to match your suit too.
- Nothing but Net Tunic – pull on the mesh overlay from this tunic for a unique and flattering swimsuit cover-up. Later, add the tank liner for an evening out!
LOve fashion and want to hangout online with other women who love fashion? Join my free online style studio
#swimsuitcoverup #cover-up #coverup #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #summer #swim #beach #lake #skirt #bomber #tunic #caftan #beachpant #gauzy #cabana
Five new pieces launched in May 2019 from Ruby Ribbon and are now available from Style with Char. I’m highlighting the latest fashions in this fun 1-minute video that I hope you enjoy!
The five latest fashions featured in this video include:
- Twisted Capri Leggings – a fun twist (see what I did there?) on standard capri legggings for summer in a rich gray color
- Dual Tank – a favorite in black for more than year, now offered in a crisp white
- Mesh Bomber Jacket – a lightweight summer layer perfect for many outfits
- Laser Cut Tank – a unique activewear tank with a detail added via laser – now in orange
- Crop Leggings – activewear leggings for your next workout – now in Tie Dye Swirl
Want to be the first to know about the newest products offered from Ruby Ribbon? Join my free online style community where I share the latest news before they hit the market
#leggings #capris #summer #new #may #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #tank #mesh #bomberjacket #lasercut #mixandmatch #latestfashions
Summer days are just around the corner and it’s time to make sure you the right wardrobe basics in your closet. Today, I’m sharing with you my recommendations for three items you need, essentially the “summer must-haves” for your closet.
My recommendations include the Dual Tank, a Ruby Ribbon demiette and our long-time favorite, the Fit and Flare Skirt.
Our Dual Tank was introduced last year and has been a fan favorite ever since. This season, you can get it in two basics — black and white — and I’d recommend you get one of each color. This tank skims your body perfectly to give you the perfect silhouette. I find myself wearing one of them all the time under jackets and cardigans right now.
It features a v-neck on the front and a scoop neck on the back, but feel free to wear the back as the front (did you follow me there?) to really get two tanks in one. I also love that it’s long enough that it lands about at my hips at just the right point to be extra flattering (at least that’s my opinion).
My next summer recommendation is one of our three styles of demiettes. A demiette gives you all the same support and definition that you get from a bra but with comfort and no underwires. If you’re already enjoyed the wirefree Ruby Ribbon cami, give the demiette a try this summer for a lighter option on a humid day. Our award-winning demiettes come in bra band sizes 32 to 44.
My final “Summer must have” is the Fit and Flare Skirt, which has been in our collection for several years, but remains a great item for your closet. I like this swingy skirt as a dressy replacement for shorts in the summer. It’s easy to wear with sandals and a tank for a great summer look. It also features the signature Ruby Ribbon “skinny waistband.”
And, of course, one way to wear the Fit and Flare Skirt is to pair it with either of the colors in the Dual Tank! I personally find this skirt to be more flattering than shorts on my pear-shaped frame.
With this summer “must haves,” you will have the basis for many warm weather outfits. They are easy to pack for a weekend away and so versatile that you’ll find yourself pulling them out of your closet over and over all season.
Want more wardrobe advice this like? Join my FREE online style community
#summer #musthaves #essentials #stylewithchar #basics #rubyribbon #skirt #tank #demiette #byebyebra #dualtank #fitandflareskirt #wearallsummer #spring #travel
It’s been warming up and feeling like Spring, but really pretty slowly. If you’re like me, you want to wear Spring fabrics and prints (and open-toe shoes) but it’s still a bit chilly both in the early morning and later in the evening. That’s where the Ponte Blazer comes in.
I’m finding that my black Ponte Blazer has become my go-to piece lately. I think nearly every day this week I added it to whatever outfit I was wearing; it’s a great final layer as you’re heading out the door.
The Ponte Blazer looks equally great with confy jeans or with your favorite dress and is great with so many Spring outfits. Push up sleeves for a more casual look. This polished piece features shoulder pads and a welt pocket for a finished look. It’s a longer length that gives you great coverage, ideal for wearing with leggings too.
Get this menswear-inspired blazer in two color options. Of course we have basic black, which is perfect for nearly any outfit. But, we also offer it in the Dash print, which is a subtle white and navy dash print knitted into the fabric. With the Dash pattern, you can incorporate a great navy and black look together, making this blazer extra versatile.
#blazer #dash #spring #wearwithanything #ponte #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #versatile #menswearinspired #summer
Hey, did you realize it’s Friday? Got plans? Maybe you’re planning a Girls Night Out, or possibly it’s date night? But whatever your Friday night plans might be, I’ve got some ideas on what you might wear. (You never expected anything less of me, right?)
I recently held a style show, where I had local models showcasing outfits for many different occasions. One of them was a category I called “Let’s go out” and you can see four of the pictures from that night in the main photo for this post. (From left)
- Our Ottoman Ponte Dress, with a “moto” vibe to is a great dress to have at your fingertips for any evening. It features faux pockets with silvery metallic zippers and it’s one chic, easy style to wear. Pair it with metallic sandals and a shiny bracelet.
- Check out this soft and feminine Gypsy Top that’s just perfect for date night. It’s really two tops in one. The outer layer is a flowy poly-silk in beautiful dusty blue with 3/4 sleeves and a loose cropped cut. The second layer is a long v-neck tank top with gorgeous chantilly lace edge. Of course, either piece also can be worn alone or with another layering piece you already have in your closet. We pair this top in the fashion show with the Lace Capris to keep the look light.
- Our next outfit also was all about lace, but wearing it with a different vibe. We took those same Lace Capris and paired them with the Trace of Lace Tunic for a monochromatic look with lace accents on both the top and capris. To keep the GNO or date night feel, we added sparkly sandals and some jewelry with glitz and glam.
- Our last look is so fun – with this model wearing just one look for the DIY Jumpsuit. Honestly, you will wear this jumpsuit over and over and never the same way twice. You can style the scarf-like straps in so many ways. Here, we did something pretty traditional with a tank look that crossed across an open back. And, she wore beautiful heels for date night. Here are some alternate ideas for styling this jumpsuit.
We hope this gives you inspiration and ideas for tonight or your next date night or girls night out. Here’s to great Friday plans!
Want more styling and fashion tips and ideas? Join my online community!
#diyjumpsuit #vibe #stylewithchar #summerfashions #springfashions #gypsy#lace capris #ottomanpontedress #dress #localmodels #rubyribbon #datenight #gno #girlsnightout #friday #fridayplans #moto
If you’ve got your mind on the beach and a day of boating, don’t worry about what you’ll be wearing. With the latest swimsuits debuting last month and our new beach styles just launched, it’ll be smooth sailing!
Here’s the details on the newest beach styles just launching
- Our new Graphic Caftan will get you noticed on the beach! It’s loose and flowing with a bold and graphic print of tropical colors paired with both navy and black. It will match any RR Swim piece perfectly. It features a v-neck and is knee length with flirty side slits. I see this as a “go to” beach style
- Our bestselling tankini, the Bali Tankini, just launched in Ruby Red (in addition to the existing Garden print and Navy Polka Dot). Both feature a built-in metal necklace detail; the garden and red both have a gold necklace and the navy dot has a silver necklace. And, like all our swimsuits, this suit is UPF protective and chlorine resistant. Pair this top with our Swim Skirt or my personal favorites, the Ruched Bottoms.
- Our Beach Pants made of breezy cotton gauze will soon be your new favorite summer pant. Pull them on over a swimsuit or pair them with a tankini top on the patio. They’ll look cool and you’ll feel cool. (Wash in cold, lay flat to dry. Cotton gauze will shrink if not cared for properly.)
#beachplease #swimsuits #slimmingswimsuits #stylewithchar #rrswim #coverup #caftan #graphic #beachpants #cottongauze #wearallsummer #summer #lakes #vitaminsea #imatthebeach
I’m having a blast planning my very first fashion show, after having my fashion business for more than four years. Honestly, I’ve been planning this first fashion show in my head for about two years, and finally now just putting that plan into action.
I wanted this fashion show to be fun, unique and memorial – something that will be great to attend, and that you’ll leave telling your friends you all need to be there for the next one. It was about the “vibe” that I was going for, and the natural name for the show turned out to be “VIBE: a fashion show for Spring.”
Here’s what I’m planning
First, I found a totally awesome location, I mean it’s fabulous, if I do say so myself. In Fargo, ND, we have a super fun little company called The White House Co., which has a home decor retail store, plus a warehouse full of vintage + modern rentals. Not only do they rent beautiful and color vintage furniture, but they also rent out their warehouse and it’s the perfect place for my first fashion show.
We’ll be having limited seating (up to about 50 people) and the seats! Each guest will actually be sitting on one of the many gorgeous pieces of vintage furniture stored in the warehouse. (Just image us choosing our favorites right off the racks along the wall and then arranging them in the perfect order to give you a fantastic view.) This is just a sampling of the furniture we’ll be able to choose from.
Before the fashion show, we’re serving you a decadent dessert and a glass of champagne. We’ll also give you a swag bag of treats that I’ve rounded up from some of my coolest friends. Oh, and I’m putting a few things in those swap bags myself, including a coupon for 15% off your next order!
And for the fashion show, here’s what you can expect:
- A first look at new spring and summer fashions, activewear and swimsuits from an up-close seat with a great view
- A glimpse of our revolutionary shapewear, including the unique Bye Bye Bra cami that will replace your bra (for all sizes)
- Local models of all body shapes showcasing the newest fashions from Style with Char and Ruby Ribbon
- Not only will you see the latest fashions, but you will also be entered in drawings for several door prizes
The best way to really visualize might be to check out this video that I made to help tell the story.
Want to come? I would love to have you there! Remember, I said that seating is limited so get your tickets soon.
#fashionshow #vibe #stylewithchar #summerfashions #springfashions #swimsuits #activewear #localmodels #models #rubyribbon #vintageseating #limitedseating
For those of us living in the north, we’re all saying we’ve had enough of this winter. (At my house, we got another 10 inches or so of ❄️snow last night!). So this morning, I started jotting down a few tips to help boost your mood if you’re feeling a bit of the “winter blues” during what probably feels like the longest winter ever.
I didn’t check for scientific backing, so take these with a grain of salt. They are the types of things that are helping me get through it now that we are on the 967th month (or something close to that number) of winter.
Tips to help you beat the winter blues
- When the next 🥕gardening or seed catalog comes in the mail (and you know one is coming), sit down and enjoy it. No matter if you are a master gardener or just a gal who likes to dig in the dirt, dreaming about how your garden and 🌸flower beds will look in a few months is a great way to set your sights on Spring.
- If you’re the person that puts away 👗clothes each season, maybe it’s time to dig out the crates of spring and summer clothes and go through them. Review them for fit and make any repairs that are needed. Maybe it’s a good time to spruce up your 👡summer shoes with some polish? The act of getting your Spring wardrobe ready may be just what you need to believe that Spring is on the way.
- Now that you have your Spring clothes out, the obvious next step for beating the winter blues is to actually wear something from your Spring or Summer wardrobe. Pick a color or pattern that just SCREAMS SPRING to you and wear it. It’s OK- there are no closet police that I’m aware of. I know it may be too cold to wear these pieces as you would on a warm summer day, but a tank top or 👚tee would be great layered under a jacket. Or put a long sleeve top under a summer dress with tights and go for it!
- Get out the self tanning cream! By now you’re feeling pretty white; I know I am and I even had some time in the ☀️sun in January. The answer is right there in your bathroom drawer. A couple coats of self tanning cream might be just what you need to feel a little less zombie-ish.
- Buy yourself some 🌷flowers (yep, I mean it). On your next trip to the 🏪grocery store, give yourself permission to pick out the bouquet that looks the most Spring to you. Bring them home, put them in your prettiest vase and plop them down where you can see them all the time. (I hope they make you smile!)
(PS: when I was creating the graphics to go along with this article, my app thought I should pay 💵$1 for a picture of a huge snow pile. Ha! Game on… I can take that pic and more like it by just stepping out on my porch!)
(PPS: I filled this blog post with emojis also because I hope they will make you 😊smile on this cold day)
#springiscoming #winterblues #spring #stylewithchar #summer #winter #tips #smile #wearwhatyouwant
How often do you dress monochrome? If it’s frequently, you may be right in style. Dressing in a monochrome color palette is on trend right now.
Monochrome dressing means wearing the same color from head to toe. The clothing pieces can have different textures and/or similar shades of that color. With monochrome dressing, you get an all over tonal look.
Not only is monochrome dressing trendy right now, it has some other fashion benefits. It stands out and is definitely eye catching. It makes it easier for you to experiment with fabrics and textures; when the pieces are all the same color, you can find out your preferences for mixing and matching with textural contrast.
You might have already heard this, but monochrome dressing will also make you look slimmer. Your silhouette will be elongated and uninterrupted, so you’ll appear taller and slimmer.
To look your best when dress monochromatically, be sure to choose a single color that looks great on you. Maybe it’s your favorite color or a color you always get compliments on when you wear it. Or, make an always safe bet and go with a monochromatic neutral like black or gray.
Feel free to add interest with textures like fur, lace, embroidery, panels or embellishments. You can even select a print that is primarily your chosen color; it will add interest but still provide the benefits of a monochromatic outfit.
#monochromatic #monochromaticdressing #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #allonecolor #mixitupwithtexture #texture #color #samecolor #figureflattering #slimmer
You might have missed the Lace Capri last spring (they were gone in a flash!). But, no worries, we just relaunched them for this spring season, so you get a second chance!
The elegant lace detail on these black capris make them something special. They are definitely a returning favorite.
You can wear them for both casual and dressy occasions. For date night, dress them up with a fun top, maybe a jacket, and heels. Or exercise versatility by wearing them for a weekend outing, paired with a more casual tunic and flats.
You’ll love these Lace Capris because:
- Hidden skinny waistband gives you a bit of a tummy-tuck
- So comfortable in cotton and Spandex blend
- Fits just like your favorite Ruby Ribbon Ankle, Capri and Bootcut Leggings
- In your favorite legging color — Black
- Sized to fit nearly all of us in XS to 3XL
Be sure to check all all the new items in the 2019 Spring Capsule in this post.
#lace #returningfave #fashionforall #blackleggings #laceleggings#fashionforallsizes #hiddenskinnysecrets #leggings #sizzle #stylewithchar #OOTD #outfit #rubyribbon #spring #spring2019 #supercute #SeeEverythingFromSpring #mystyletribe