Tips for selecting a swimsuit cover-up
It’s been warming up and feeling like Spring, but really pretty slowly. If you’re like me, you want to wear Spring fabrics and prints (and open-toe shoes) but it’s still a bit chilly both in the early morning and later in the evening. That’s where the Ponte Blazer comes in.
I’m finding that my black Ponte Blazer has become my go-to piece lately. I think nearly every day this week I added it to whatever outfit I was wearing; it’s a great final layer as you’re heading out the door.
The Ponte Blazer looks equally great with confy jeans or with your favorite dress and is great with so many Spring outfits. Push up sleeves for a more casual look. This polished piece features shoulder pads and a welt pocket for a finished look. It’s a longer length that gives you great coverage, ideal for wearing with leggings too.
Get this menswear-inspired blazer in two color options. Of course we have basic black, which is perfect for nearly any outfit. But, we also offer it in the Dash print, which is a subtle white and navy dash print knitted into the fabric. With the Dash pattern, you can incorporate a great navy and black look together, making this blazer extra versatile.
#blazer #dash #spring #wearwithanything #ponte #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #versatile #menswearinspired #summer
Hey, did you realize it’s Friday? Got plans? Maybe you’re planning a Girls Night Out, or possibly it’s date night? But whatever your Friday night plans might be, I’ve got some ideas on what you might wear. (You never expected anything less of me, right?)
I recently held a style show, where I had local models showcasing outfits for many different occasions. One of them was a category I called “Let’s go out” and you can see four of the pictures from that night in the main photo for this post. (From left)
- Our Ottoman Ponte Dress, with a “moto” vibe to is a great dress to have at your fingertips for any evening. It features faux pockets with silvery metallic zippers and it’s one chic, easy style to wear. Pair it with metallic sandals and a shiny bracelet.
- Check out this soft and feminine Gypsy Top that’s just perfect for date night. It’s really two tops in one. The outer layer is a flowy poly-silk in beautiful dusty blue with 3/4 sleeves and a loose cropped cut. The second layer is a long v-neck tank top with gorgeous chantilly lace edge. Of course, either piece also can be worn alone or with another layering piece you already have in your closet. We pair this top in the fashion show with the Lace Capris to keep the look light.
- Our next outfit also was all about lace, but wearing it with a different vibe. We took those same Lace Capris and paired them with the Trace of Lace Tunic for a monochromatic look with lace accents on both the top and capris. To keep the GNO or date night feel, we added sparkly sandals and some jewelry with glitz and glam.
- Our last look is so fun – with this model wearing just one look for the DIY Jumpsuit. Honestly, you will wear this jumpsuit over and over and never the same way twice. You can style the scarf-like straps in so many ways. Here, we did something pretty traditional with a tank look that crossed across an open back. And, she wore beautiful heels for date night. Here are some alternate ideas for styling this jumpsuit.
We hope this gives you inspiration and ideas for tonight or your next date night or girls night out. Here’s to great Friday plans!
Want more styling and fashion tips and ideas? Join my online community!
#diyjumpsuit #vibe #stylewithchar #summerfashions #springfashions #gypsy#lace capris #ottomanpontedress #dress #localmodels #rubyribbon #datenight #gno #girlsnightout #friday #fridayplans #moto
If you’ve got your mind on the beach and a day of boating, don’t worry about what you’ll be wearing. With the latest swimsuits debuting last month and our new beach styles just launched, it’ll be smooth sailing!
Here’s the details on the newest beach styles just launching
- Our new Graphic Caftan will get you noticed on the beach! It’s loose and flowing with a bold and graphic print of tropical colors paired with both navy and black. It will match any RR Swim piece perfectly. It features a v-neck and is knee length with flirty side slits. I see this as a “go to” beach style
- Our bestselling tankini, the Bali Tankini, just launched in Ruby Red (in addition to the existing Garden print and Navy Polka Dot). Both feature a built-in metal necklace detail; the garden and red both have a gold necklace and the navy dot has a silver necklace. And, like all our swimsuits, this suit is UPF protective and chlorine resistant. Pair this top with our Swim Skirt or my personal favorites, the Ruched Bottoms.
- Our Beach Pants made of breezy cotton gauze will soon be your new favorite summer pant. Pull them on over a swimsuit or pair them with a tankini top on the patio. They’ll look cool and you’ll feel cool. (Wash in cold, lay flat to dry. Cotton gauze will shrink if not cared for properly.)
#beachplease #swimsuits #slimmingswimsuits #stylewithchar #rrswim #coverup #caftan #graphic #beachpants #cottongauze #wearallsummer #summer #lakes #vitaminsea #imatthebeach
I’m having a blast planning my very first fashion show, after having my fashion business for more than four years. Honestly, I’ve been planning this first fashion show in my head for about two years, and finally now just putting that plan into action.
I wanted this fashion show to be fun, unique and memorial – something that will be great to attend, and that you’ll leave telling your friends you all need to be there for the next one. It was about the “vibe” that I was going for, and the natural name for the show turned out to be “VIBE: a fashion show for Spring.”
Here’s what I’m planning
First, I found a totally awesome location, I mean it’s fabulous, if I do say so myself. In Fargo, ND, we have a super fun little company called The White House Co., which has a home decor retail store, plus a warehouse full of vintage + modern rentals. Not only do they rent beautiful and color vintage furniture, but they also rent out their warehouse and it’s the perfect place for my first fashion show.
We’ll be having limited seating (up to about 50 people) and the seats! Each guest will actually be sitting on one of the many gorgeous pieces of vintage furniture stored in the warehouse. (Just image us choosing our favorites right off the racks along the wall and then arranging them in the perfect order to give you a fantastic view.) This is just a sampling of the furniture we’ll be able to choose from.
Before the fashion show, we’re serving you a decadent dessert and a glass of champagne. We’ll also give you a swag bag of treats that I’ve rounded up from some of my coolest friends. Oh, and I’m putting a few things in those swap bags myself, including a coupon for 15% off your next order!
And for the fashion show, here’s what you can expect:
- A first look at new spring and summer fashions, activewear and swimsuits from an up-close seat with a great view
- A glimpse of our revolutionary shapewear, including the unique Bye Bye Bra cami that will replace your bra (for all sizes)
- Local models of all body shapes showcasing the newest fashions from Style with Char and Ruby Ribbon
- Not only will you see the latest fashions, but you will also be entered in drawings for several door prizes
The best way to really visualize might be to check out this video that I made to help tell the story.
Want to come? I would love to have you there! Remember, I said that seating is limited so get your tickets soon.
#fashionshow #vibe #stylewithchar #summerfashions #springfashions #swimsuits #activewear #localmodels #models #rubyribbon #vintageseating #limitedseating
For those of us living in the north, we’re all saying we’ve had enough of this winter. (At my house, we got another 10 inches or so of ❄️snow last night!). So this morning, I started jotting down a few tips to help boost your mood if you’re feeling a bit of the “winter blues” during what probably feels like the longest winter ever.
I didn’t check for scientific backing, so take these with a grain of salt. They are the types of things that are helping me get through it now that we are on the 967th month (or something close to that number) of winter.
Tips to help you beat the winter blues
- When the next 🥕gardening or seed catalog comes in the mail (and you know one is coming), sit down and enjoy it. No matter if you are a master gardener or just a gal who likes to dig in the dirt, dreaming about how your garden and 🌸flower beds will look in a few months is a great way to set your sights on Spring.
- If you’re the person that puts away 👗clothes each season, maybe it’s time to dig out the crates of spring and summer clothes and go through them. Review them for fit and make any repairs that are needed. Maybe it’s a good time to spruce up your 👡summer shoes with some polish? The act of getting your Spring wardrobe ready may be just what you need to believe that Spring is on the way.
- Now that you have your Spring clothes out, the obvious next step for beating the winter blues is to actually wear something from your Spring or Summer wardrobe. Pick a color or pattern that just SCREAMS SPRING to you and wear it. It’s OK- there are no closet police that I’m aware of. I know it may be too cold to wear these pieces as you would on a warm summer day, but a tank top or 👚tee would be great layered under a jacket. Or put a long sleeve top under a summer dress with tights and go for it!
- Get out the self tanning cream! By now you’re feeling pretty white; I know I am and I even had some time in the ☀️sun in January. The answer is right there in your bathroom drawer. A couple coats of self tanning cream might be just what you need to feel a little less zombie-ish.
- Buy yourself some 🌷flowers (yep, I mean it). On your next trip to the 🏪grocery store, give yourself permission to pick out the bouquet that looks the most Spring to you. Bring them home, put them in your prettiest vase and plop them down where you can see them all the time. (I hope they make you smile!)
(PS: when I was creating the graphics to go along with this article, my app thought I should pay 💵$1 for a picture of a huge snow pile. Ha! Game on… I can take that pic and more like it by just stepping out on my porch!)
(PPS: I filled this blog post with emojis also because I hope they will make you 😊smile on this cold day)
#springiscoming #winterblues #spring #stylewithchar #summer #winter #tips #smile #wearwhatyouwant
How often do you dress monochrome? If it’s frequently, you may be right in style. Dressing in a monochrome color palette is on trend right now.
Monochrome dressing means wearing the same color from head to toe. The clothing pieces can have different textures and/or similar shades of that color. With monochrome dressing, you get an all over tonal look.
Not only is monochrome dressing trendy right now, it has some other fashion benefits. It stands out and is definitely eye catching. It makes it easier for you to experiment with fabrics and textures; when the pieces are all the same color, you can find out your preferences for mixing and matching with textural contrast.
You might have already heard this, but monochrome dressing will also make you look slimmer. Your silhouette will be elongated and uninterrupted, so you’ll appear taller and slimmer.
To look your best when dress monochromatically, be sure to choose a single color that looks great on you. Maybe it’s your favorite color or a color you always get compliments on when you wear it. Or, make an always safe bet and go with a monochromatic neutral like black or gray.
Feel free to add interest with textures like fur, lace, embroidery, panels or embellishments. You can even select a print that is primarily your chosen color; it will add interest but still provide the benefits of a monochromatic outfit.
#monochromatic #monochromaticdressing #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #allonecolor #mixitupwithtexture #texture #color #samecolor #figureflattering #slimmer
You might have missed the Lace Capri last spring (they were gone in a flash!). But, no worries, we just relaunched them for this spring season, so you get a second chance!
The elegant lace detail on these black capris make them something special. They are definitely a returning favorite.
You can wear them for both casual and dressy occasions. For date night, dress them up with a fun top, maybe a jacket, and heels. Or exercise versatility by wearing them for a weekend outing, paired with a more casual tunic and flats.
You’ll love these Lace Capris because:
- Hidden skinny waistband gives you a bit of a tummy-tuck
- So comfortable in cotton and Spandex blend
- Fits just like your favorite Ruby Ribbon Ankle, Capri and Bootcut Leggings
- In your favorite legging color — Black
- Sized to fit nearly all of us in XS to 3XL
Be sure to check all all the new items in the 2019 Spring Capsule in this post.
#lace #returningfave #fashionforall #blackleggings #laceleggings#fashionforallsizes #hiddenskinnysecrets #leggings #sizzle #stylewithchar #OOTD #outfit #rubyribbon #spring #spring2019 #supercute #SeeEverythingFromSpring #mystyletribe
Over the last 31 days, I made my “outfit of the day” selection choosing only from 20 pieces that I brought along on my month-long trip to Arizona. I was testing out using a capsule wardrobe of only 20 pieces of clothing. Yep, I wore just 20 pieces in 31 days!
The 20 pieces included four tank tops, three t-shirts, a cute long vest, three skorts, a skirt, four pair of pants and leggings, a hoodie and 3 long-sleeve tops. I tried to do the math on how many outfits these 20 pieces might represent but I’ll admit that I wasn’t able to come up with an answer other than, “it’s a lot.”
Here are just four pictures from this month of the various outfits I was able to put together with these 20 pieces.
After testing out a capsule wardrobe for a month, here are my takeaways:
- Each morning, I found choosing what to wear was much simpler. I would choose a skort or a legging and then pick out a top to go with it. It was usually a quick decision.
- I didn’t feel like I wore the same thing over and over. I was careful to select 20 pieces in my capsule that had colors in common and I felt that it was easy to use these pieces to mix and match in different ways. I don’t think that I wore the same exact outfit twice during the month. (My plain black skort was probably worn the most of all the items I brought.)
- I even had clothes that I didn’t wear this month! Specifically, I wore the Spruce Green t-shirt home on the plane but I didn’t wear it during the month. It was too long to wear with the skorts and I guess I never selected it when I wore leggings.
PS: It’s always fun as a Ruby Ribbon stylist to dig into my samples to get “new clothes” when I feel a whim. I did pull one item from the new Spring Collection to wear for the launch event.
After thinking more about it, I would definitely try a capsule wardrobe again. When I got home and dressed for work this week, I realized how many clothes I do have in my closet, and I’ll admit that many of those items rarely get worn. For sure when I’m packing for even a short trip, I think I will be able to use what I learned with this trial to maximize my wardrobe pieces and minimize the size of my suitcase.
If you are interested in learning more about a capsule wardrobe, consider signing up for my free Capsule Wardrobe Mini Course , where I provide guidance on how to use a 1o-piece Capsule Wardrobe to create more than 40 outfits. This mini course is delivered to you over a 4-day period and takes only about five minutes a day to complete.
#capsulewardrobe #outfits #recap #just20pieces #stylewithchar #oldfavorites #rubyribbon #pants #tops #leggings #tunics #mixandmatch #maximize #wardrobe #trial #minicourse #31 days #20pieces31days
CEO Anna Zornosa often says she set out with Ruby Ribbon to make shapewear products that were both comfortable and pretty and she definitely hit it out of the park with the new Sheer Demiette and matching Sheer Shaping Briefs. Both are comfortable enough for Saturday errands but also sexy enough for Saturday night.
Like our other two demiettes, this new Sheer Demiette delivers! It provides all the definition and support of an underwire bra, but also all the comfort of our famous camis. We find some women just prefer the more “bralike” option that our demiettes provide.
Here are some of the key characteristics of the new Sheer Demiette:
- Wire-free support for all cup sizes B and above
- Sexy sheer panel neckline
- Straps can be worn straight or racerback
- Wicking fabric keeps you cool and dry
- Stays put with our invisible gripper edge
- Offered in three colors – black, pale and a gorgeous Plum option
- Comfortable and pretty
While we’re talking about new shapewear, let’s not forget our beautiful relaunched Sheer Brief, as well. Offered in both black and pale (to match the Sheer Demiette, obviously), the Sheer Briefs feature Ruby Ribbon’s signature tummy control panels. They also have sheer panels on the sides and a sheer fabric in back. The ruching in back will give you a little lift there too.
These Sheer Briefs are making a comeback and I can tell you, when we had them a few years ago, they were my personal favorite for the Ruby Ribbon briefs. I liked them because they were cut a little higher in the leg, making them fit me a bit better. They are worn at your natural waist and have a pretty picot-edged waistband.
Wear the Sheer Briefs under high-waisted pants and any of our Ruby Ribbon leggings for no panty lines and a smooth silhouette. They will leave you feeling both comfortable and pretty.
#sheer #demiette #shapingbrief #brief #underwear #panties #stylewithchar #bodypositive #rubyribbon #sheerbeauty #brafee #spring2019 #cinch #black #plum #pale #wearwithleggings #sexy #sizzle #comfort #ruching #pretty #spring #supercute #SeeEverythingFromSpring #joinmystyletribe
So, with that headline, you may not actually get what you were expecting. I’d like to introduce you to a fun outfit featuring two of the newest Ruby Ribbon items from Spring 2019. Pair the Side Cinch Tunic in ice heather with the black Lace-Up Leggings for a great spring look. Accent this outfit with colorful jewelry or an oblong patterned scarf.
Side Cinch Tunic
When you add this new Side Cinch Tunic to your wardrobe, you’ll find yourself wearing it in a variety of ways. It’s a great layering piece with a jacket, and can be worn in a super casual way with jeans too. It’s sleeveless with a crew neck and is made from a super soft fabric that mimics that well worn and “oh so soft” tee.
One unique thing about this tunic is the side ties that allow you to cinch the top at a tunic length or shorter if you prefer. This cinching will give you a ruched looked that is always flattering. I’m finding my clients need to size up in this tunic for the fit they’re looking for. (You probably also want your Ruby Ribbon Bye Bye Bra cami under it.)
With the lace-up accent on the sides of each leg, these are a dressed up version of your favorite ankle leggings. The laces are made of faux suede and they lace up in great looking metal grommets.
You can wear these lace-up leggings with any of your favorites tops or tunics. To make sure you show off the sassy lace-up detail, pair them with flats now and with sandals later this spring. Like all our Ruby Ribbon leggings, these also have the “skinny band” at the waist.
This outfit isn’t the only thing in the 2019 Spring collection. Check out all the new items in the 2019 Spring Capsule in this post.
#cinch #sidecinchtunic #iceheather #ice #laceupleggings#tunic #wearwithleggings #leggings #sizzle #stylewithchar #ruching #OOTD #outfit #rubyribbon#spring #spring2019 #supercute #SeeEverythingFromSpring #mystyletribe