So, I’m going to rename the Stevie Leggings for the winter. If you need the perfect leggings (or pants) to wear to your next pedicure now that it’s colder, just pull out your Stevie Leggings.… More
I think the new Shimmy Tunic Dress is the piece in the 2018 Winter/Holiday Collection getting the most buzz. It will go great at the most festive or elegant event this season.
Check out the bugle beads sewn in the shoulder straps, and these straps are part a cold-shoulder cutout feature, as well. Talk about eye-catching, and with a light shimmer in this beautiful silver heather color.
This top also features an elegant draped neckline, long sleeves, and a wide band at the bottom. You can move the band higher or lower for a variety of different looks for this top. Note you can wear it alone as a sparkly dress, or pair it with a skirt, pants or leggings (I’d go for black but other colors would be fun also) for a long and lean look.
As always, we have your perfect fit with sizes ranging from extra small to 3XL. Here’s a link to all my posts showcasing the 2018 Winter and Holiday Collection. Check back as it takes a few weeks to get them all previewed for you.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE SEEING HERE? JOIN MY FREE ONLINE STYLE TRIBE FOR EVEN MORE FASHION, FUN AND RUBY RIBBON SNEAK PEAKS.
#winter #holiday #shimmy #tunic #dress #fashion #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #elitesuite #sparkle #style #celebrateconfidence #winterfashion #whattowear #coldshoulder #cgsfall2018 #beaded #lux #howwillyouwearit
Here’s a great multi-purpose tank that will take you from office to holiday party. We call it Bianca!
This colored block tank in jewel shades of eggplant and teal, paired with classic black will definitely be a wardrobe “go-to.” It features a keyhole button in the back and a slight scoop neckline. The back is a bit longer for more coverage.
Pair this on-trend top with a great black Skirt and a polished black Blazer for the office. Pair it with black pumps and you’re polished looking all day. This top will layer well in all seasons, and work great as a tank in warm temps.
When it’s time for the holiday party, swap the blazer for a holiday wrap and your favorite eggplant or even teal heels. Add in some glitzy jewelry and you’re set!
Here’s a link to all my posts showcasing the 2018 Winter and Holiday Collection. Check back as it takes a few weeks to get them all previewed for you.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE SEEING HERE? JOIN MY FREE ONLINE STYLE TRIBE FOR EVEN MORE FASHION, FUN AND RUBY RIBBON SNEAK PEAKS. PLUS, I ALWAYS GIVE THIS GROUP A HEADS UP ON FLASH SALES.
#winter #holiday #bianca #tank #layering #fashion #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #elitesuite #office #comfortandstyle #celebrateconfidence #winterfashion #whattowear #colorblock #cgsfall2018 #jeweltones #polysilk #lux
Here are links to the blog posts I’ve done so far to showcase the 2018 Winter and Holiday Collection. Be sure to check back every few days to see the latest.
- Bianca top features jewel-toned colorblocking
- Crushed velvet reigns as holiday fabric
- Crop Ponte Trouser in Dash pattern
- Ponte Blazer in Dash pattern
- Shimmy into this sparkly holiday tunic
- You haven’t seen leggings like these!
Keep up with all Ruby Ribbon has to offer and be the first to know when you join my free online style tribe!
Last night, the newest Winter and Holiday items debuted from Ruby Ribbon and, as usual, Ruby Ribbon’s designer Cami Raymond hit it out of the park — offering some new items, a dash of glam and glitz and restyles on some of our popular wardrobe essentials.
Two of those fan favorites – the Ponte Blazer and the Crop Ponte Trouser – now come in a great new print called Dash. Dash features a black background with a subtle navy print with “dashes” of white. The Ponte Blazer is a best seller and the Crop Ponte Trouser sold out in a few weeks the last time we offered it.
These pieces are great worn together for the look of a sassy professional suit. Add a crisp white blouse or even the Ruby Ribbon white Versatile Tank and some classy bangles.
They are equally useful as standalone pieces. The Ponte Blazer can easily be worn casually with black or tan pants or even jeans; the length even works with leggings. And the trousers will work great in all seasons with a variety of tops – think white, tan, maybe even a pop of your favorite brighter color. You will love the handy pockets.
Here’s a link to all the posts I’m doing for the 2018 Winter and Holiday Collection. Check back as it takes a few weeks to get them all previewed for you.
Like what you’re seeing here? Join my free online style tribe for even more fashion, fun and Ruby Ribbon sneak peaks. Plus, I always give this group a heads up on flash sales.
#winter #holiday #fashion #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #pontetrousers #suit #professional #office #comfortandstyle #celebrateconfidence #winterfashion #whattowear #ponteblazer #blazer #trousers
Black leggings are typically the most popular. With Ruby Ribbon, we give you a variety of options for comfortable and great looking black leggings.
I put together a quick comparison chart to help you understand how each of these leggings differ. It should help you pick up the right pair just for you. All styles come in sizes XS to 3XL and all feature our signature “skinny band” at the waist to give you a slight tummy tuck.
Before you dive into the graphic, here are a few of my personal thoughts on when I wear each of these black leggings.
- Ankle Leggings – Basic black leggings but better the average black leggings, and our most affordable option in an ankle length
- Ponte Leggings – I just added these leggings to my personal closet last month during out Ponte sale. I think of them as a dressier version of the Ankle Leggings.
- Capri Leggings – I save these for spring and summer, but I have friends who wear them with boots since they are easier to tuck in.
- Ottoman Ponte Leggings – I love these for the figure-flattering panels built-in, because who doesn’t appreciate a little extra help in making their legs look a little skinnier. These leggings are great for a casual but put-together look.
- Jacquard Leggings – These are one of my favorite leggings to wear during the summer because the length and the cute zipper detail make them look great with sandals. (They might be my personal favorite, but I hate picking just one)
- Bootcut Leggings – Ruby Ribbon’s answer to yoga pants – enough said!
- Skirted Leggings – When I want to be super comfy on the weekend, but still want to feel put together, I pull out my Skirted Leggings every time.
Want to have more fashion conversations?
Join my free online community
#blackleggings #leggings #rubyribbon #ponte #jacquard #myfavoriteleggings #stylewithchar #skirtedleggings #caprileggings #suedette #ottoman #alltheleggings
Yesterday it was 95 degrees outside and today, about 30 degrees cooler – Fall is definitely in the air!
Tonight, I’m sharing seven tips for transitioning your wardrobe into Fall.
- As the temperature dips, layer different lengths of solid colored tank tops under long sleeve shirts or sweaters to elongate your silhouette.
- Choose the right Fall fabrics – think leather, suede, corduroy, chambray and flannel.
- Don’t put your summer dresses away just yet! Wear your warm-weather pieces into fall by pairing them with cozy cardigans, leggings and boots.
- Gather some warm weather accessories like scarves or a fun hat – cozy and fashionable.
- If you can’t part with your skirts and dresses just yet, then wear them with a pair of dark-colored tights or leggings and a pair of boots for a quick, chic look.
- Wear a lacy top under a long-sleeved shirt with a scooped neckline. The lace will peak out, giving you a feminine look while keeping you warm.
- Put away your wedges, pumps, sandals, and flip flops, it’s time to start tucking your pants into boots!
Do you love getting timely fashion tips? Join my fashion tribe for more tips weekly.
#fall #rubyribbon #tips #styletips #celebrateconfidence #stylewithchar #alwayswearleggings #leather #suede #cordoruy #boots #sweaters #wrapdress #scarves #cozy
Anna Zornosa, the CEO at Ruby Ribbon, was recently featured in an article on CNBC, highlighting her perception of the “gig economy” and the most common mistakes women make in business. The gig economy is a labor market characterized by the prevalence of short-term contracts or freelance work as opposed to permanent job.
She’s featured with two other female CEOs who joined together to poll 1000 working women to learn more about how women feel about the gig economy.
“It’s not a competition between traditional work and a side hustle,” said Anna Zornosa, CEO and founder of the shapewear and fashion site Ruby Ribbon. The company has had year-over-year growth of 60 percent to 100 percent since starting in 2012, Zornosa says.
The article even includes a graph highlighting the key business skills that women learn while working a side hustle. Customer service skills was touted as the primary business skill learned.
You should read the entire article to really get the best tips and explanation on what mistakes you should avoid in business, but here are the top six.
For me, every job I’ve had has helped me hone business skills, and I often think about how the job I work during the day and my side hustle complement one another. When I’m working with a team that builds software for real estate professionals, I can relate to them in a meaningful way as I understand their challenges in sales, staying motivated, using their time wisely and so much more.
I hope you enjoy reading this article and my perspectives on it. If you want to stay connected and continue this conversations (and others), join my free online community.
#sidehustle #gigeconomy #dontflinch #businessskills #weallmakemistakes #dontapologize #dontbeatightwad dontbeaperfectionist #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #businesswomen #girlboss
I’ve written about my friend Sunil before, and he’s back at his blogging (actually, he never quit) and now he’s sharing the “must have colors for Fall 2018.” Sunil is a fashion designer and write a fashion blog called “Sunil Styles.”
Of course you should read the article yourself, where he highlights the colors, shows examples of the fashions he’s seeing and shares tips on how to wear them this season. But I’m sharing his color selections here as a quick read for you, and I’ve included my takeaways from his fashion advice.
“Color is the most effective way to update your look and also make you feel ready to take on the season.” — Sunil
- Power Red — all about individuality and standing out; strong color for accessories; one of the newest ways to wear it is to mix it with pink
- Silver Grey — a very refined silver tint; great chic color for head to toe dressing; mix it with camel or orange for an edgier look
- Pretty Pink — pairs well with both grey and brown; strong color for evening and surprisingly outer wear; it is perfectly okay to wear head to toe pink.
Chocolate Brown — luxury without the calories; warmer alternative to black (at Ruby Ribbon, we often call this color “mink brown”)
- Winter White — looks great mixed with black and brown; white boots are a big trend this season; good color to transition you from Summer to Fall when mixed with denim
- Sunny Spicy Yellow — signifies warmth and optimism; mixes well with grey and camel; big color for activewear
Bright Blue — great accent color; universally flattering; mix it with grey and black for a more sophisticated urban feel or contrast it with pink or orange for that wow factor
- Vibrant Orange — great pop color for outerwear; pairs well with black and brown; ,ix it with grey and pink for an unexpected twist
- Not so Basic Black — does not need to be basic and boring; black is all about texture from matte to gloss from smooth to quilted and from flat to pile; wear head to toe black or mix and contrast the textures for a modern take
Love talking fashion and want to swap fashion tips with like-minded women? Join my Free Online Fashion Community!
#color #fall #fall2018 #PowerRed #silvergray #silver #pink #chocolate #spicyyellow #notsoblackblack #black #blackfashion #contrast #texture #sunilstyles #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #musthaves
Want to be entered into a drawing to win a free $20 Ruby Ribbon gift certificate?
How about getting your hands on the latest Ruby Ribbon catalog?
Just click HERE to be entered in the drawing!
If you follow my blog, you’ve already seen some of the “before and after” pictures I’ve posted showing how a Ruby Ribbon foundational garment can help your Lularoe favorites look smoother.
Now, Julia K, who is the namesake of the Julia dress from Lularoe (yes, you read that correctly, the namesake), has tried Ruby Ribbon and shared her own “before and after” pictures.
She is wearing a Ruby Ribbon Full Body Shaper and an Original Demiette under her dress (and no bra, no underwires, no discomfort). You can see the support and shaping she’s getting from her new Ruby Ribbon secret.
See more styling and smoothing when you join my free Style with Char Studio
#lularoe #stylewithchar #shapewear #rubyribbon #lularoejulia #lularoedresses #looksmooth #besmooth #lovelularoe #fashionfun #elegantwhimsy #fashion #styleinspo #everydaystyle #dresses #makeyousmilestyle #womensfashion #styleblogger #lookbook #fashionpost