As if black, mink brown and khaki weren’t enough neutrals for most wardrobes, Ruby Ribbon added white as an option for the popular Stretch Woven Pant. These pants features a slim straight leg, our patented “skinny… More
As I traditionally do, here’s a quick rundown of all the new items in the Summer 2018 Capsule, along with key features, styling tips and more.
- DIY Dress – 1 dress, at least 6 ways
- Dual Tank – the first piece I personally wore
- Tiered Crochet Extender
- Lace Popover
- Flamestitch Tunic
- Off-the Shoulder Flamestitch
- Stretch Woven Pants now in White!
- Fast Track Capri
- Lace Capri
- Dual Track Capri
Comment below and let me know which is your favorite?
All Style, All the TIme – Join my online community on Facebook.
#summerfashion #stylewithchar #dualtank #cobaltblue #rubyribbon #casual #weekend #summer
I was excited to personally wear something from the new Summer 2018 Capsule today. When I was getting ready for work, I ran downstairs to the living room where I had my rack set up for an event that I did earlier this week in my home. It was fun to shop from my own Pop-Up Shop and select the Dual Tank in Cobalt Blue.
This tank is a super soft t-shirt fabric and also comes in basic black. It’s flattering but doesn’t cling to your belly and the armholes are just the right height to hide that “who has time to exercise” flab you may have (-just sayin’). It also features a snap loop at the shoulder to easily snap in your favorite Ruby Ribbon cami.
Today, it’s really still pretty cold where I live, so I paired it with my favorite Jacquard Leggings in black, plus the Ponte Blazer (aka boyfriend jacket). I chose to wear the Dual Tank as a v-neck, but it can also be worn as a scoop neck just by turning it around.
Other ways to style it might include:
- With the R&R Pants for lounging on the weekend
- With jeans and a jacket for a casual Friday
- With the Ottoman Ponte Skirt for the office professional
- With the Stretch Woven Pants in any color but perfect with the white
- I can go on and on, someone stop me!
See all the fashions in the Summer Capsule by reviewing this recap of all related posts.
Get sneak peaks, fashion tips, occasional prizes and new fashion friends by joining my online community on Facebook.
#summerfashion #stylewithchar #dualtank #cobaltblue #rubyribbon #casual #weekend #summer
There’s nothing wrong with neutrals and having lots of them, but about a year ago, I found that some of the neutrals in my closet weren’t getting worn at the same rate. After analyzing it, I realized that I wore anything black or gray probably five more times than I ever worn tans or browns.
So, one day, I took all the brown/tan toned items and donated them. Gone! No more shades of brown! It was mainly pants and skirts, but I also donated any tops or jackets that wouldn’t look good with blacks and grays. Basically, I streamlined my wardrobe by removing one color family.
I’m attaching a picture from last week, that made me think of this drastic wardrobe change. You see, the brown boots I wore that day didn’t leave the house with the brown clothes, and before I put them last week, I had to wipe the dust off them.
I guess what I learned is that I should also have donated the shoes and boots that went with the brown outfits. They worked last week with denim leggings and a cozy sweater, but I’m realizing that getting back that floor space in my closet would be better. (And maybe a reason to get a fun pair of colorful shoes that can be worn with black, LOL)
Want more fashion and style tips — join my online community on Facebook!
#simplify #wardrobe #neutrals #stylewithchar #fashiontips #rubyribbon #fewerneutrals
April 7 is officially No Housework Day and to me, that is certainly a day to celebrate. Who’s with me?
What that means (as if you need this day explained) is that there should be:
- No dishwashing
- No vacuuming
- No dusting
- No making beds
- No laundry
- No ironing
- (Do you need me to keep going?)
- No scrubbing
- No window washing
- No shower cleaning
- No picking up
- No mopping
So, celebrate No Housework Day by taking it easy and give yourself a day of leisure. Call me if you need someone to pour the wine!
#NoHouseWorkDay #ivegotyourbackoverhere #rubyribbon #nodusting #nolaundry #stylewithchar #putyourfeetup #noironing #noscrubbing
When you’re shopping for a new swimsuit, understanding your body shape can help you determine which swimsuit will look best on you. It’s possible to find a suit that fits your body well and makes you feel great.
If you need help determining which is your body type, I am happy to help.
Your waist is larger than your hips and/or your shoulders and you carry your weight in your middle
- Ruching and shirring works miracles. The gathered fabric hides bulges and creates waist definition.
- Try a retro-inspired, high-waisted suit. They’re on trend and great for covering your abdomen.
- Tankinis with a solid color top and a patterned bottom will give you a more balance appearance.
- One-piece bathing suits with tummy control or other design feature like ruching that create the illusion of a waist line will be the most flattering.
You’re curvy at the hips and thighs and smaller on top
- Balance your proportions and be sure to get the coverage you need for your bottom half.
- A plunging neckline or eye-catching top draws the eye upward, minimizing the bottom.
- Colorblocking can help highlight your shape
- Try suits with a solid colored bottom and patterned top.
- Skirted swimsuits are back in style and can be found in many patterns and styles. They will give you a more balance look.
- Try on a boy short style for more coverage on the bottom.
- A one-piece will hide your waist. Choose one with shirred panels over the stomach, or in a dark, solid color.
Your shoulders, waist and hips are all a similar width
- One-piece or two-piece suits with detailing around the waist will help create a more hourglass shape.
- Tops with ruffles, horizontal lines, and designs create a larger bust.
- Try a wrap style top or a belted bathing suit bottom to create more waist definition.
- Tops or bottoms with bold prints, ruffles, and embellishments add intrigue and feminine flair and can create the appearance of more curve at top and bottom.
- Tie-side bottoms enhance curves and adjust perfectly to your size.
Your shoulders and hips are about the same width and you have a smaller waist
- Almost any classic styled bathing suit will flatter your figure! Celebrate!
#swim #swimsuits #dressforyourbody #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #bathingsuits #summer
While it’s fun to have a lot of shoes (just ask me!), you don’t need a thousand pair of shoes to look fabulous. You only need a few really great pairs.
In the words of Coco Chanel: “A woman with good shoes is never ugly!”
First, get a signature pair of shoes you can wear in most situations. In my case, it’s a pair of gray crocodile dress shoes with a mid-heel. They have a classic style and look great with dress pants or with a skirt a tights. They are my “go to” shoes all winter. You might select a similar neutral sandal for warmer months.
Then, add in your choice of one or two of these and you might have your personal shoe collection covered:
- Ballet Flats – versatile and polished, you can easily pair them with jeans or a cute knee-length skirt; choose black for the most wearability, but a fun tan, red or silver is also an excellent choice
- Heeled Pumps – perfect for a dressed up look for the office or with your favorite skinny jeans; your best bet is basic black
- Ankle Boots – so much in style right now, you’ll wear them everywhere. Perfect paired with your favorite leggings! With so many styles to choose from right now, you’ll have a blast picking them out
- The Perfect Sandals – tasteful, casual for a beach visit, a trip out shopping or with your favorite capris. Kick them up a notch with metallic hardware or a touch of color
- Classic White Sneakers – the ultimate in casual, they will dress down your outfit for a weekend look; think message t-shirt and a fun pair of shorts or pair with a great summer dress
#loveshoes #stylewithchar #ankleboots #signatureshoes #sneakers #balletflats #heels #sandals
Because I thought you might like to know….
- When the Barbie doll debuted on March 9, 1959, her first outfit was a black-and-white striped swimsuit
- In 1907, when Australian swimmer Annette Kellerman (1887-1975) wore a one-piece suit in Boston that revealed her arms and legs, she was promptly arrested for indecent exposure.
- In 1923, New York ballet dancer Pearl Howell donned an unusual bathing suit made entirely of seaweed.
- The bikini was worn for the first time by French model and nude dancer Micheline Bernardini for a poolside fashion show at the Piscine Molitor in Paris on July 5, 1946. She later received 50,000 fan letters.
- In Australia, swimsuits are known as “cossies.” In the UK and Ireland, they are called “togs.”
White lace is THE thing for brides, and at Ruby Ribbon, we’ve got you covered (literally, Ha!).
Some of the comfortable Ruby Ribbon shapewear most frequently selected by brides includes:
Convertible Slip — strapless, with the most shaping in the tummy or add the straps that are included to make it work for most necklines
V-neck Slip — smoothing and comfortable
Lace Classic or Full Support Cami in white — pair with the matching Shaping Briefs or OnWaist Thigh Slimmer for a full body shaping with comfort
Sheer High Waisted Briefs — sexy and stunning with the shaping you need
#brides #rubyribbon #becomfortableonyourbigday #weddings #stylewithchar #bridesmaidstoo #motherofthebride #motherofthegroom
Last fall, Ruby Ribbon CEO Anna Zornosa published an open letter to the Ruby Ribbon community about the Ruby Ribbon promise. This letter was to help both stylists and customers understand her commitment to them.
You can read the entire letter here (and I hope you do). Here’s my summary of the key points of the Promise of Ruby Ribbon.
Our Ruby Ribbon Promises:
- Products that delight customers and enhance their lives
- Giving independent Stylists the training and coaching support they need to serve their customers beautifully through a sustainable and thriving business model
- Starter kit offers are valued much higher than the price the new stylist pays, and are carefully built with product & business supplies that allow our Stylists to produce a profit
- No requirement for an ongoing investment plans samples of upcoming product launches can be earned
- Discourage the practice of purchasing inventory for the purpose of resale and don’t compensate for personal purchases
- Member of the Direct Selling Association and abides by its code of ethics
#commitment #promise #rubyribbon #amazingcompany #beyourownboss #besmartwithyoupartner #delightcustomers #enhancelives #makeaprofit #supporteachother