In a flowery print of burgundy and a deep cream color with navy accents, this Meadow Blouse is a flowy and feminine tunic. It will look great tucked in like you often wear a blouse,… More
Ruby Ribbon Activewear line just got better with the launch of these unique Laser Cut Leggings in black.
With laser cutting, garments have clean cuts and sealed fabric edges to prevent fraying. Using laser cutting, Ruby Ribbon’s lead designer accented these leggings with a pattern of different size circles. This detailing adds interest, but also gives a tiny bit of extra ventilation to your workout too.
At your next trip to the gym, feel free to upgrade beyond your basic black legging. (And no one is stopping you from wearing these Laser Cut Leggings somewhere other than the gym. I’m for sure not telling!)
Like all Ruby Ribbon leggings, these feature built-in slimming and smoothing with a tummy-tuck waistband. In a cropped length, this activewear leggings is wicking, movable and durable and includes a hidden waistband pocket where you can tuck your keys for safe keeping.
Wondering what to wear these leggings with? At the gym, they will look great with any one of our three workout tanks. Or, if you’re wearing them for a casual weekend, pair them with the MVP Tunic or the Zip Back Sweatshirt for fashionable lounging.
#activewear #leggings #black #stylewithchar #fashleisure #athleisure #rubyribbon #spring #spring2019 #activewear #lasercut #cuttingedge #supercute #SeeEverythingFromSpring #workout #atthegym #gym #lounge #freestyletribe
I’ve been infatuated with Capsule Wardrobes for a while (possibly years). I’ve always wondered if I have the “chops” to use one successfully. Since I’m away from home for a month right now, I decided to give a Capsule Wardrobe a trial run.
A Capsule Wardrobe is a curated set of clothing items that are designed to work well together in a mix-and-match way. I’m in Arizona so I was able to maximize my Capsule Wardrobe for a warmer climate, although it’s been unseasonable cold here this week and I’m a little bit sorry I didn’t pack jeans in my capsule.
In the Capsule Wardrobe Mini Course that I offer, I provide guidance on how to use a 1o-piece Capsule Wardrobe to create more than 40 outfits. As I started packing for my month in Arizona, at first I thought I would bring only 10 pieces, but today I’m admitting that for my first time trying a Capsule Wardrobe, I doubled that number (and of course, I also have the 3 items I wore on the plane the day I left).
Just 2o pieces
Are you curious what I packed in my Capsule Wardrobe? When I jotted down the items, I noticed that it’s a mix of Ruby Ribbon current pieces, plus several Ruby Ribbon “vintage” items from over the last four years. I also did bring a few other of my favorite summer garments. Here is a quick breakdown….
- Dual Tank in black
- Dual Tank in cobalt blue
- Wildflower Top
- Navy tank from ND Tough
- Gray t-shirt from Revelation Ale in Hallock MN
- Navy tee from ND Tough
- Spruce Green tee from ND Tough
- White gauzy top with red embroidery
- MVP Tunic
- Long red vest
- Shirt Dress in Cherry Bomb Paisley
- Hang Out Hoodie
- Denim Leggings in blue
- R&R Pants in black
- Criss Cross Capri Leggings in black
- Crop Stripe Pant
- Flip Skirt
- Black skort
- Gray and black skort
- Multicolored skort
Like I said, I also wore three pieces on the plane including my favorite Jacquard Leggings, a gray tee from ND Tough and the black Judi Cardigan (which I find is one of my travel “go-to” pieces that I often have in my computer bag).
I’ve been here about a week now, and so far, I haven’t been frustrated with this capsule, and that was my main worry. I wondered if it might feel like I was wearing the same thing over and over. But it doesn’t. I am able to mix and match these pieces so that I’m not wearing the exact thing twice. And, hey, that’s really the point of a Capsule Wardrobe, isn’t it. The weather has been chilly so I haven’t even worn the skorts yet. (One morning, it was 3 degrees warmer back home in North Dakota than it was in Arizona!)
A few extras
I also packed a few other things that I didn’t count in my 20-piece wardrobe, including 3 swim suits (I love the Bora Bora swimsuit and brought it in Tropical, Black and Panther), an NDSU t-shirt to wear while watching the championship game, and one outfit for work meetings (Trace of Lace Tunic with Crop Ponte Trouser in Dash, which I will pair with the Judi Cardigan if it’s chilly). I also packed workout leggings and tanks.
Check back later this month to see how this Capsule Wardrobe is fairing as I get a chance to wear it and wear it and wear it. (See, I’m still a little worried, can you tell?) I hope to get a few snapshots and share them in a follow-up blog post. Stay tuned!
Learn more about Capsule Wardrobes in my Capsule Wardrobe Mini Course. This course, which takes only about 5 minutes a day over 4 days, will help you understand how to maximize the Capsule Wardrobe concept, saving you time in the morning when you’re getting dressed.
#capsulewardrobe #outfits #just20pieces #stylewithchar #oldfavorites #rubyribbon #pants #tops #leggings #tunics #mixandmatch #maximize #wardrobe #trial #minicourse
I’ll use this post to link my blog posts featuring all the items from the Spring 2019 collection from Ruby Ribbon. The complete line will be launched January 8!
- Laser Cut Top – the “cutting edge” of fashion
- Laser Cut Leggings – work out in the most unique leggings ever
- Meadow Blouse – flowy and feminine
- Mesh Tank – New Year, New You!
- MVP Tunic – Spring comes early – be the MPV
- Ruffle Top – why I cheated on my Capsule Wardrobe
- Sheer Mesh Leggings – New Year, New You!
- Check back for more soon!
#tunic #leggings #stylewithchar #fashleisure #athleisure #rubyribbon #spring #spring2019 #activewear #newshapewear #sheer #wearwithleggings #joinmystyletribe #justlaunched #supercute #SeeEverythingFromSpring #fashion #womensclothes
As I continue to debut Ruby Ribbon’s Spring 2019 collection, I’d like to introduce you to the new Laser Cut Top. This tank is a new addition to our Activewear line and it is sure to be on the cutting edge of activewear fashion. (Did you see what I did there?)
With laser cutting, garments have clean cuts and sealed fabric edges to prevent fraying. This new magenta tank top will be a workout staple. It features wicking fabric to keep you cool. The laser cut accents across the tank help make it breathable.
In addition, the tank has a racerback silhousette that matches perfectly with our Sport Demiette (Ruby Ribbon’s unique “sports bra” option.
At your next workout, pair this cute pink tank with black cropped leggings; it will be perfect for high intensity gym sessions or a calming yoga session. This tank launches January 8 in sizes XS to 3XL.
Our entire Spring 2019 collection debuts January 8. Be the first to see it all by joining my free online community.
#activewear #tanktop #pink #magenta #stylewithchar #fashleisure #athleisure #rubyribbon #spring #spring2019 #activewear #lasercut #cuttingedge
#freestyletribe #justlaunched #supercute #SeeEverythingFromSpring
If you’ve been hanging around here on “Style with Char” for a hot minute, you’ve probably heard me talk about ditching your bra. Hopefully, many of you have already had the chance to break up with your bra, but maybe you’re holding out? You maybe have concerns that the Ruby Ribbon Bye Bye Bra cami just won’t work for you. Let’s talk about that….
Here are some of the reasons that I hear from women who are holding out about breaking up with their bra, along with a few thoughts from my perspective.
- “I doubt it will fit my cup size!” — For nearly all women, we have a cami to fit. Our sizes range from 30B to 50K bra sizes.
- “There is no way it will give me enough support.” — When you first look at a Ruby Ribbon cami, I agree it looks like it just won’t work. It’s the technology built into the cami that is different from anything you might have tried. It will support up to a K bra size without underwires. I have helped more than 600 women of ALL sizes ditch their bras for good. And, according to the stats that Ruby Ribbon tracks, 90% of our customers tell a friend about Ruby Ribbon because they’re so impressed.
- “I don’t see enough coverage in the cami?” — The cups in a Ruby Ribbon cami are thin. To give you a little more coverage, we do offer petals, which provide a bit of shaping or some discrete coverage for those who want it. About 1/3 of my clients get petals to tuck into their cami.
- “I would want something more like a bra, not a cami.” — In addition to the cami, we also have a Demiette, which is more “bralike,” but still gives you great definition and support. Our demiettes fit women with a 32-44 bra band size.
- “I would get too hot wearing that.” — A Ruby Ribbon cami has wicking properties just like high performance athletic wear, pulling heat and moisture away from your skin. I wear a Ruby Ribbon cami all year, including humid days in ND.
- “On me, that cami is going to roll up and be uncomfortable.” — Thanks to the invisible silicone gripper edge on a Ruby Ribbon cami, it won’t roll. If it’s rolling, you’re wearing the wrong size.
Still have questions? Message me for sizing help or to get your questions answered. Let’s help you “break up with your bra!”
#byebyebra #rubyribboncami #breakupwithyourbra #stylewithchar #ditchyourbra #brafree #nounderwires #wirefree #rubyribbon #theelitesuit #sassysuite #socialsuite #celebrateconfidence
While we are waiting for spring, and the Spring 2019 Capsule, Ruby Ribbon did us a holiday favor and launched one item from the Spring collection early. Introducing the new MVP Tunic, the first item for Spring to launch.
It’s actually more like Spring meets today with this new #fashleisure tunic in Atomic Red. First, it’s oversized and so easy to wear, even featuring side slits at the hemline. It will be great with any of your favorite Ruby Ribbon leggings (anything from the glam of the Studio 54 Leggings to casual ankle leggings),but also super cute to toss over a summer top with shorts.
Sport mesh fabric accents this piece in two places. While it’s a crew neck tunic, the mesh detail at the neckline gives the illusion of a v-neck. And the long sleeves also are accented with sport mesh stripes.
In a cotton “terry-like” fabric, the MVP Tunic feels like your favorite sweatshirt but comes with so much more style.
While I was in high school, one of the part-time jobs I had was working at the gift wrap desk at a local department store. With hours of gift wrapping experience, sharing my tips on how to wrap your holiday presents like a professional gift wrapper.
Sidenote: At the gift wrap desk, I worked with a fabulous woman named Letta. She loved to joke around and would often say things in the back room like, “Of course, we would love to wrap your bird cage.”
One of the main items that we wrapped a lot was a single place setting of china. It was (and probably still is) a very common wedding gift. Even 30 years later, I could probably still tear off exactly the right length of silver wrapping paper to wrap a place setting. We even had paper that was the exact width to fit a single place setting. If you tried to choose another paper pattern that was a different, we did our best to talk you out of it (with a smile, of course.)
My best gift wrapping tips are below. But I also recorded this 2 minute video to show my gift wrapping technique in action.
Here are the top tips I shared in the video:
My Gift Wrapping Tips
- Cut the wrapping paper as close to the correct size as you need; you can wrap faster if you don’t have to keep trimming the paper
- Try to line up the seam of the paper with the edge of the box, giving the appearance of an invisible seam wrap
- Slip double-stick tape between layers of the paper; no tape will show on the outside of the package
- Fold all edges for a smooth and polished look; the raw edge of the paper shouldn’t show
- Crease all the edges of the box after wrapping for a crisp edge
Love these tips? Let’s connect via my free online community for more tips, as well as other fashion and fun
#gifts #giftgiving #holidays #stylewithchar #giftwrapping #wrappingpresents #presents #rubyribbon #socialitesuite #empowersocial #cgsfall2018 #coolgirls #stillapro #30yearslater
For a while now, I’ve been sort of infatuated with capsule wardrobes – and by infatuated, I mean both intrigued and a little scared.
A capsule wardrobe is a curated set of clothing items that are designed to work well together in a mix-and-match way. Some women like to create a capsule wardrobe that they wear all the time, while other women create them for specific situations, such as a trip.
By creating and using a capsule wardrobe, you simplify your wardrobe and the process of getting dressed. You have to make fewer wardrobe decisions, but know that you look polished. You also may find you maximize your clothing budget.
Here is an example of a simple capsule wardrobe featuring two tops, a pair of pants, a skirt and a shawl. (These pieces are all from the last two seasons of Ruby Ribbon collections.) These pieces give you six outfits. If you add in a few accessories, such as statement jewelry or a scarf or two, you will extend it into even more looks.
I’m intrigued with capsule wardrobes because they seem so streamlined. Just a few pieces, some quick decisions and done! But they also scare me because I wonder if I might feel limited? Is just a handful of mix and match pieces enough to fulfill my fashion creativity?
If you’ve ever tried out a capsule wardrobe, give us some feedback? What worked and what didn’t? If you are interested in learning more about capsule wardrobes, take my Capsule Wardrobe Mini Course. You will learn the benefits of a capsule wardrobe, see some examples and get a free Capsule Wardrobe planning tool too.
Then, follow more blog for more on capsule wardrobes over the new few weeks.
#capsulewardrobe #outfits #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #pants #tops #shawl #mixandmatch
Interested in fashion? Want to trade Style tips and info with like-minded women? Join my Free Facebook Group to keep in touch!
Now the holiday trees are going up… let’s talk about Plaid! What are the Holidays without plaid?
One way to accent plaid is with great scarves. Whether it is for a pop of color with an outfit or an to keep warm on these cold days…who doesn’t love fashion with a function too?
There are so many plaids to chose from and plaids work well all year round but at the holidays, we tend to gravitate towards a few favorites like Buffalo Plaid and Tartan, especially in holiday colors.
In fact the Red Tartan Print is a favorite for Christmas wrapping paper under the tree as well!
Here are some tips for wearing plaid this season:
- Go with an old-standby, the flannel shirt. It’s classic and always in fashion. Feel free to pair with jeans. I like to wear it over a tee with the buttons open, more like a plaid jacket (I also often wear mine with my Skirted Leggings on the weekend)
- Try a plaid scarf or shawl worn with a monochrome outfit such as head-to-toe black
- Find a plaid skirt and wear it with a crisp white blouse for instant classic; Our blouse, belted, would give this outfit a modern twist.
- Go fashionista by pairing two complementary plaids in a single outfit. Oh so bold!
How do you do your plaid?
Love talking fashion like this? Join my Free Fashion Community!
#plaid #flannel #holidays #stylewithchar #classic #rocktheholidays #elitesuite #socialitesuite #fallcgs2018 #christmas #scarf #shawl #rubyribbon
It’s a super busy time for all of us, so I’d like to offer a bit of help. Here are a few upcoming things this week that you might find valuable for shopping for gifts or for holiday outfits, plus a chance to take a bit of time out for entertainment. (Each link will help you determine where online this event is happening.)
- Our holiDAYS sale featuring 30% off fashion items and leggings starting Monday, Dec 3
- A Christmas Mystery event online on Tuesday night at 8 PM Central with puzzles and prizes, including a chance to purchase a Ruby Ribbon cami for 50% off. Are you the one that will solve this holiday crime?
- A Cozy and Comfy Style Show LIVE online on Facebook Wednesday night at 8 PM Central
- Get holiday gifts on time with upgraded 3-day shipping FREE from Ruby Ribbon
- Get reminders from Demi, my online assistant (she’s a style bot) by sending a message to me here; just type “Hi” or ask a question
Oh, don’t forget to take a bit of time for yourself. I know it’s easy to put everyone else first, but you deserve some of your time too.
#sale #holidays #style #rubyribbon #mystery #crimestory #funny #stylewithchar #partyfashions #styleshow #fashionshow #facebooklive #holidaygifts #upgradedshipping #getgiftsthereontime