Here is a dream job story that a friend of mine shared with me. What’s your dream job?
An ambitious woman entered a successful store with a reputation for beautiful, fine quality merchandise. She walked up to the owner and said, “Ma’am, I am very impressed with your store and I would like to work here. I promise I will work hard and I would love to build a career here.
In return, all I ask is the following:
- First, I would like 40% commission on everything I sell.
- I would also like to earn free merchandise every month based on my sales.
- Plus, if I bring in and train any new sales people, I think I deserve a percentage of their sales.
- I would like the opportunity to rapidly advance within the company.
- When I do well, I expect LOTS of praise and recognition, free products, special awards, and fabulous trips.
- By the way, I need to set my own schedule and work only when it suits me and my family.
So… when can I start?
After the store owner recovered from shock, she ROARED with laughter, “Miss, you can’t be serious! You’re dreamin’! You’ll never find an opportunity like that ANYWHERE! And if you do…come back and get me because I want to work with you!”
I have learned that Ruby Ribbon truly is a dream job! I work when I can fit it in and get all these benefits. I have found my clothes budget has gone to almost $0 because I get new free on-trend clothes every quarter and I love that! Every stylist has their own favorite perks!
#dreamjob #girlboss #startyourownbusiness #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #40%commission #freeclothes #really #recognition #flexibility #fun