For those of us living in the north, we’re all saying we’ve had enough of this winter. (At my house, we got another 10 inches or so of ❄️snow last night!). So this morning, I started jotting down a few tips to help boost your mood if you’re feeling a bit of the “winter blues” during what probably feels like the longest winter ever.
I didn’t check for scientific backing, so take these with a grain of salt. They are the types of things that are helping me get through it now that we are on the 967th month (or something close to that number) of winter.
Tips to help you beat the winter blues
- When the next 🥕gardening or seed catalog comes in the mail (and you know one is coming), sit down and enjoy it. No matter if you are a master gardener or just a gal who likes to dig in the dirt, dreaming about how your garden and 🌸flower beds will look in a few months is a great way to set your sights on Spring.
- If you’re the person that puts away 👗clothes each season, maybe it’s time to dig out the crates of spring and summer clothes and go through them. Review them for fit and make any repairs that are needed. Maybe it’s a good time to spruce up your 👡summer shoes with some polish? The act of getting your Spring wardrobe ready may be just what you need to believe that Spring is on the way.
- Now that you have your Spring clothes out, the obvious next step for beating the winter blues is to actually wear something from your Spring or Summer wardrobe. Pick a color or pattern that just SCREAMS SPRING to you and wear it. It’s OK- there are no closet police that I’m aware of. I know it may be too cold to wear these pieces as you would on a warm summer day, but a tank top or 👚tee would be great layered under a jacket. Or put a long sleeve top under a summer dress with tights and go for it!
- Get out the self tanning cream! By now you’re feeling pretty white; I know I am and I even had some time in the ☀️sun in January. The answer is right there in your bathroom drawer. A couple coats of self tanning cream might be just what you need to feel a little less zombie-ish.
- Buy yourself some 🌷flowers (yep, I mean it). On your next trip to the 🏪grocery store, give yourself permission to pick out the bouquet that looks the most Spring to you. Bring them home, put them in your prettiest vase and plop them down where you can see them all the time. (I hope they make you smile!)
(PS: when I was creating the graphics to go along with this article, my app thought I should pay 💵$1 for a picture of a huge snow pile. Ha! Game on… I can take that pic and more like it by just stepping out on my porch!)
(PPS: I filled this blog post with emojis also because I hope they will make you 😊smile on this cold day)
#springiscoming #winterblues #spring #stylewithchar #summer #winter #tips #smile #wearwhatyouwant