Not ready for Fall fashion just yet? Me either! But as the seasons change, you may need a few tips to mix your summer fashions in a way that they work for you this fall. Here’s I’m sharing a few strategies to help you move your summer wardrobe into Fall.
These tips are designed to allow you to keep your summer clothes out just a little longer, but also make the transition into fall temperatures and fashion changes.
Tips to Transition Your Summer Wardrobe to Fall
- Keep Your Maxi Dresses Out – we love our maxi dresses in the summer and they work great in the fall too. Add a scarf, a cardigan or a blazer to refashion them. You can even layer a sleek long sleeve t-shirt under a maxi dress.
- Add Tights – Play with pattern, texture and color in some cozy tights to help extend the life of your favorite summer skirts and dresses.
- Layer Up – A key trick for layering is the “long over lean” rule. Match a longer top (tunic or boyfriend cardigan) over leaner bottoms like leggings or skinny jeans (maybe even a pencil skirt). By following this rule, you don’t look bulky, just set up for a great Fall.
- Add Deeper Colors – Think rick jewel and earth tones, like turquoise, eggplant and even an animal print. They can look great with some of your summer pieces to give them a transitional feel. Deep colors can come into your wardrobe in clothing, but also accessories like belts, jewelry, bags and scarves.
- Wear Booties – Maybe it’s too hot for taller boots just now but booties in deep colors will pull you through. They can become your “go to” fall footwear, pairing them with jeans, skirts and leggings.
Do you love chatting about fashion? Considering joining my free online community to get sneak peaks at new products, fashion tips and a fun community game now and then.
#fall #fallwardrobe #transitiontofall #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #jelizabeth #addtights #layers #booties #deepcolors #fallcolors