While many women call them a Ruby Ribbon bra, we can them a Ruby Ribbon cami or demiette. With a Ruby Ribbon bra or cami, you are going to love being bra free! Here’s my complete guide to wearing your Ruby Ribbon bra replacements. In this guide, I give you my best tips for wearing and caring for your new Ruby Ribbon cami or Demiette.
Step/Lift/Adjust/Smooth – Guide to Wearing Your Ruby Ribbon Bra or Cami
The phrase to remember when putting on your cami is “Step, Lift, Adjust, and Smooth.” The propriety design of a Ruby Ribbon garment allows it to adapt to your body. You can get a perfect fit, no matter if you’re a 32B or a 50K bra size.
It starts by choosing the right style and size. You can use the Ruby Ribbon Shape and Support Scale to determine the best cami and Demiette options for you. If you need a size recommendation, fill out this sizing recommendation form and Char from Style with Char Studio will give you a personalized size and style recommendation.
How to know you have the right size:
- You feel supported when you wear your cami or demiette
- You aren’t spilling over at the edges
- Your back is smooth without bulging
- It feels snug but not uncomfortable; this is the key phrase I use with all my clients when they’re trying on a Ruby Ribbon cami or demiette
Always step into your Ruby Ribbon cami or Demiette. Think of it like you’re putting on a swimsuit. Just step in and pull carefully over your hips and torso. Place the invisible gripper edge low on your hips, making sure it’s on your skin. (It needs to be touching your skin to ensure that it won’t roll. It you find the cami is rolling, you have the wrong size.)
Lift the cami up in both the front and back. The top should rest in the middle of your shoulder blades and the fabric should be smooth.
If you’re wearing our cami, or just considering one, keep in mind these cami fit tips:
- The seams under your arms should be straight, with no waviness. If they are wavy, you probably need to go up one size
- Your cami should feel snug but not uncomfortable
- To get the most support, check out how to adjust the straps properly. The cami should be higher up on your back for the best support (and the smoothest look), as shown in the picture below. Not having the cami high enough on your back is one of the most common fit problems I run into with clients.
- Not sure what size you need in a Ruby Ribbon, I offer an online sizing recommendation here: www.stylewithchar.com/size
Fit Tip: If you don’t feel supported, it’s probably too low on your back. This is the most common fit problem with my clients.
You will likely need to lift or adjust your breasts to fit into the cups. If the cups feel too small, stretch the fabric a bit. You should be able to lift the strap no more than ½ inch.
If you would like additional coverage or padding in the cups, we have options:
- Petals or Dew Drops — Petals provide a bit of shaping or some discrete coverage for those who want it and are worn inside the molded cups in Ruby Ribbon shaping camis or demiettes. Dew Drops are similar to petals. These smooth foam-covered petals are in a teardrop shape and provide added shape under the bust to give you extra lift.
- Posies — Posies are reusable adhesive nipple covers for smooth, seamless coverage that blend into your skin so they don’t show. They are made of matte silicone with a medical-grade adhesive and are waterproof. They are long lasting, washable and reusable.
Smooth the invisible gripper edge, keeping it low on your hips and across your butt. It should be placed on bare skin or on top of Ruby Ribbon shaping bottoms. I find it works best to have the cami on your skin, tucked into your panties or other undergarments.
Care Tips for Ruby Ribbon bras (demiettes) and camis
By taking proper care of your Ruby Ribbon shapewear, you will extend its life. Be sure to handle it with care by stepping into it or taking it off.
- The invisible gripper edge should be placed on clean, dry, lotion-free skin or on Ruby Ribbon shaping bottoms. Over time, the silicone will fray. This is normal wear and tear and it will continue to stay in place for you.
- To get the best support from your Ruby Ribbon camis and demiettes, we suggest you rest them for 24 hours between wearings. For example, if you wear it Monday, wait till Wednesday to wear it again.
- Wash your Ruby Ribbon camis and demiettes in cold water with regular detergent on a gentle cycle. Wash them in a lingerie bag if you have one. Never use Woolite, Oxyclean or fabric softener.
- You can dry your Ruby Ribbon shapewear flat or on a line or drying rack. The wicking fabric dries quickly.
- Never put your Ruby Ribbon shapewear in the dryer.
Video Fit Tips from Ruby Ribbon’s Senior Designer Cami Raymond for success with Ruby Ribbon bras and camis
In this video, Cami Raymond, Senior Designer at Ruby Ribbon, shares additional fit tips for Ruby Ribbon bras and camis.
Related links with information on Ruby Ribbon bras and camis
- Ruby Ribbon Sizing Resources for Demiettes and Camis — Ruby Ribbon sizing resources to help you get a great fit for your Ruby Ribbon cami or demiette
With the tips in this complete guide to wearing your Ruby Ribbon cami or demiette, I hope you can celebrate your freedom from underwires!
#stepliftadjustsmooth #camifittips #rubyribboncami #stylewithchar #brafree #tips #cami #demiette #handlewithcare #fittips #ditchyourbra #byebyebra #nomoreunderwires #careinstructions #rubyribbon #ilovemyclothes #laundry #handlewithcare