What if you could take several fashion pieces and use them to create outfits that offer you style for every occasion? Well, my friend and fellow Storyline Collection stylist did just that, and shared 12 of the possible outfit combinations in a virtual fashion show recently.
If you’re interested in seeing this virtual fashion show, I’ve embedded the video at the end of this post. It’s just 15 minutes and I think you’ll enjoy thinking about the events or days when you might wear each outfit. She styled the two models beautifully, adding in the perfect accessories and of course, great shoes to go with the outfit.
Using just these 15 pieces, you can easily create so many outfits. It’s a dress (but this dress can double as a duster jacket), the perfect pair of pants that can be styled casually or dressed up, four jackets, and eight unique tops, including tops that can be worn alone or used as layering pieces. Here are the 15 fashion pieces from Storyline Collection that were used to give you style for every occasion. I noted the color of that item used in the fashion show, but many of these pieces are also available in other colors.
Looks that Provide Style for Every Occasion
To inspire you to think about these pieces in an outfit for style for every occasion, here are some ideas on where you might wear four of the 12 outfits that are showcased in the video.
It’s the weekend! You want to look styled but without the fuss. And comfort is always welcome. Enter the HiLo Tunic in red. This tunic is a few inches longer in the back and has deep side slits to easily put your hands into your pockets.
To complete the look, wear the tunic over a Layering Tank (this one is made of bamboo) and the Perfect Pants. Add this effortless belt and you’re out the door for errands, or shopping or lunch. Yes, definitely lunch.
Out on the Town
Maybe it’s date night or girls’ night out, but you know you want to look spot on. You can with this black Duster Dress (LBD, yes!) and a cute little black jacket (we call it a Sweet Shrug). Princess seaming on the dress and a whisper of an empire waist mean you get a flattering line from any angle.
And as an added benefit, you can wear this dress unbuttoned as a long duster for a completely different look.
Make getting dressed for the office so easy with mix and match pieces. Just head into your closet and choose pieces from these 15 options with the knowledge that they’ll look and feel great together.
In this outfit, it’s the HiLo Tunic in Techno Plaid pattern and paired with the Wide Leg Pant (like PJs, but with polish) and a Sweet Shrug to take the chill off. Techo Plaid is a signature print offered only by Storyline Collection.
Lounge with Style
Just because you’re lounging at home doesn’t mean you can’t look put together. Enter the Perfect Pants (wicking, anti-microbial, and so comfortable you will forget you have pants on), the Signature Floral Tee (I mean, it’s a t-shirt but with style), and the Wrap Cardigan.
Easy and breezy for watching TV, taking a nap, or your favorite way to relax.
Style for Every Occasion Fashion Show
To see the full fashion show, be sure to check out this 15 minute video.
To help you identify the pieces used in in each outfit, here’s a quick rundown of the 12 outfits in the video.
- Bamboo Layering Tee in black paired with Perfect Pant and shown with a red scarf worn as a shawl
- Bamboo Layering Turtleneck in black worn with the Hero Jacket and Perfect Pant
- Signature Floral Tee worn with the Hero Jacket and Perfect Pant
- Duster Dress in black under the Sweet Shrug in red
- Turnkey Top in Techno Plaid pattern shown layered ower the Layering Tee in black
- Turnkey Top in Night Dots pattern shown layered ower the Layering Turtleneck in black and paired with the Perfect Pants
- Wrap Cardigan in black over the Signature Floral Tee and paired with Perfect Pants
- Duster Dress in black under the Sweet Shrug in black
- Hi-Lo Tunic in red worn with a Layering Tank and Perfect Pants
- Turnkey Top in Night Dots pattern paired with a Layering Turtleneck in black. This combo was paired with the Hero Jacket and Perfect Pants
- An alternate way to tie the Wrap Cardigan in black over the Signature Floral Tee
- Hi-Lo Tunic in Techno Plaid pattern worn with the Sweet Shrug in black and Wide Leg Pants
If you love fashion and want to learn more about the art of mixing and matching, I invite you to join my free style community. Hope to see you over there!
#mixandmatch #fashionshow #stylewithchar #storylinecollection #wearityourway #12outfits #stylishoutfits #foranyoccasion #foreveryoccasion #fashionshowvideo