More and more we are hearing about clothing designers choosing to use bamboo fabric in their collections. Today, let talk about made from bamboo and the benefits of using bamboo fabrics.
What are Bamboo Fabrics?
Fabrics made from the bamboo plant have been made for many years; only recently has the process to make bamboo fabrics been perfected, increasing the use of bamboo fabrics. Bamboo fabric is made from the pulp of bamboo grass.
As you shop, you may find more clothing items made partially or completely of bamboo fabric.
Benefits of Bamboo Fabric
Bamboo fabric provides benefits both to anyone who wears clothes made from it but also to the clothing designer. Here are just some of those benefits:
- Cozy soft — Bamboo is one of the softest fabrics available and feels great on your skin
- Insulating — Clothing made from bamboo is cooler in summer and warmer in winter due to insulating properties in the fabric. Bamboo fabric can help you feel as much as two degrees cooler.
- Workout friendly — Gym and workout outfits made from bamboo are lightweight, breathable, strong, and naturally UV protectant, will wick moisture (aka sweat) away from your skin, and can also help kill odor-causing bacteria.
- Easier on the environment — Bamboo plants grow quickly, which means using them in manufacturing can have less impact on the environment. In addition, bamboo plants typically don’t need pesticides and herbicides for the plants to flourish.
- Design versatility — Reasons that designers enjoy using bamboo fabrics is that they take bright dyes well and drape smoothly.
Bamboo Fabric Items from Style with Char Studio
You can find a variety of wardrobe basics that are made from bamboo available at Style with Char Studio. All these items are easy to size in either Size One (XS, S, M) or Size Two (L, XL, XXL).
- Bamboo Ankle Leggings — This classic, feel-good legging is so comfortable The 80% bamboo rayon makes them breathable and soft. You can get these leggings in both classic black and charcoal gray.
- Layering Tank — Thick straps and a scoop neck on both sides make this layering piece (51% bamboo) an essential. This tank is available in purple, charcoal gray and black.
- Layering Tee — You’ll find yourself wearing this bamboo tee in all four seasons. It’s a perfect layering piece with a scoop neck and 3/4 sleeves and made from 51% bamboo. Get one in both charcoal gray and classic black.
- Layering Turtleneck — Stay cozy under jackets or cardigan with a bamboo turtleneck that comes in white, charcoal gray and black. This turtleneck is 51% bamboo.
How to Care for Bamboo Fabric
The bamboo items available from Style with Char Studio should be washed using the gentle cycle, cold water, and hung to dry. (This is actually what I recommend for all clothing items that I offer.) Hanging to dry also should help alleviate most wrinkles, but a cool iron can be used.
#bamboofabric #stylewithchar #bamboo #sustainable #environmentalfriendly #designversability #cozysoft #insulating #madefrombamboo #storylinecollection