I think it dates way back to my teenage years, but possibly even earlier. I love clothes!
So it’s not all that surprising that I would have a business based on what you’re wearing, and what you’re wearing under it. It’s all about what to wear!
Welcome to Style with Char Studio. It’s stylish and on-trend clothing brought to you either in my studio in Moorhead MN, or online where ever you may be. But either way, it’s about the clothes, and also what’s under your clothes.
I offer a curated collection of clothes that I selected because I wanted clothes for you to wear to the office (and be comfortable all day, even while you’re co-workers are remarking about how great you look!) And I wanted cute and fun clothes for you to wear on the weekends, something unique and special and that go with you from grocery shopping to a early evening out with friends.
And somewhere along the way, I found out that I also could help you ditch your bra, and that’s where the focus on what you’re wearing under your fashions comes into play. Not only can I help you love your clothes, but I can help your clothes hang smoothly and give you a little shaping, but without any feelings of constricting fabrics. Plus, remember, I can help you say Bye Bye Bra (for real, yes, even you, no matter your cup size. Try me!).
So let’s go back to when I was a teenager, where did my love of clothes take me? It took me to a part-time job at Dayton’s, a local department store where I lived in ND. It’s where I learned how to colorize clothing so that the displays were super pleasing to the eye. I learned to size pantyhose and I learned about jewelry and handbags and other accessories.
It’s also the place where I fell in love with colorful shoes (and I just can’t break that one!)
I’ve had my fashion business since 2015, and it’s taken me lots of place – literally. From in home trunk shows to “driveway parties” (you see I used to run my business out of a RV), to my cozy studio today, where you can shop while sipping a glass of wine or your favorite beverage.
Why you’ll like what I offer
As I mentioned above, I selected the lines of clothing that I offer for specific reasons. I wanted great looking and easy to wear clothes that you’ll love wearing to the office, date night and maybe a casual event. Before I added each of the three lines of clothes that I offer, I did extensive research to find lines that offered quality, a range of sizes to fit all of us (me included) and really great looking items that I personally loved.
Here’s a bit more info on the three lines that I carry:
- Peach — I loved Peach for the fashions – including trendy stylish pieces that are unique. They are grounded in a line of “Essentials” that are the staples in your wardrobe and then sprinkle in seasonal items with pizzazz. They also offer accessories with each season.
- Storyline Collection — Two of my friends started Storyline Collection, and I was honored to be one of their founding partners (they call us Editors). It’s a well-defined line of classic pieces, centered around a mix-and-match concept designed to make getting stylishly dressed each day simple. Think versatility without complexity.
- Ruby Ribbon — I’ve offered Ruby Ribbon the longest (just over five years!) and it’s the workhorse of your wardrobe. It’s built around the world’s best shapewear (think shaping and smoothing, but super comfortable), and we offer the Bye Bye Bra cami, which will replace your bra (no more underwires), no matter what size you are. The line rounds out with slimming swimsuits too, and a selection of leggings that feature a skinny waistband to give you a little tummy support.
- Solely Jane — I ❤️ love shoes and when I saw this new concept in interchangeable shoes, I had to bring them to my clients. Just purchase a Comfort Sole, then add on as many SoleMates (the uppers or tops of the shoes) as you wish. These shoes are stylish and comfortable while being easy to change styles in minutes.
A Peek into Char’s World:
- Where I grew up: Casselton ND, just outside of Fargo (yeah, that Fargo!)
- My pets: We have on fun and lively dog, a German Wirehair Pointer named Libby
- My favorite music: My all-time favorite artist is Uncle Kracker, but I like a lot of other music too!
- My favorite foods: I like fresh food, not processed and I lean towards ethnic like Mexican or Chinese (oh, and sushi). I also have a LaCroix in my hand at least once a day.
- What I like to do in my spare time: For the last couple of years, I’ve been escaping the ND winter by moving to Arizona for a couple of months. In the summer, I like camping, boating, and swimming. I like the outdoors and walking my dog, and quiet time with a book or a new magazine. (What’s your favorite magazine?)
(Want to keep in touch? Join my online Facebook community!)