It dates way, way back to my teenage years, but possibly even earlier. I love clothes!
So it’s not all that surprising that I would have a business based on fashion. Welcome to Style with Char Studio. It’s stylish and on-trend clothing that you can rock in the office and have your coworkers be like “wow, you look good!” That’s what I wanted in the 25 years when I was working in an office full-time.
I wanted clothes that got me out the door looking polished and professional, and I didn’t have a lot of time to shop. I also wanted cute and fun clothes for you to wear on the weekends, something unique and special and that go with you from grocery shopping to an early evening out with friends.
And let’s not forget about what’s underneath the clothes. I’m here to help you say goodbye to the bra struggle and love your clothes even more, without feeling restricted. Not only can I help you love your clothes, but I can help your clothes hang smoothly and give you a little shaping but without any feelings of constricting fabrics. Plus, remember, I can help you say Bye Bye Bra (for real, yes, even you, no matter your cup size. Try me!).
It all started for me at Dayton’s, a local department store where I worked part-time. It’s where I learned how to colorize clothing so that the displays were super pleasing to the eye. I learned to size pantyhose and I learned about jewelry and handbags and other accessories.
It’s also where I fell in love with colorful shoes (and still can’t shake that love).
Fast forward to today, I’ve been running my style business since 2015, and it’s taken me all over the place (literally and figuratively). From in-home trunk shows to “driveway parties” (yes, I used to run my biz out of an RV) to personalized online service you’re going to love!
Why you’ll like what I offer
When I began curating the clothing lines that I offer at Style with Char, I had specific criteria in mind. I wanted to provide you with clothing that was not only stylish and on-trend, but also easy to wear in a variety of settings – from the office to date night and even casual events.
That’s why I put in a lot of time and effort researching different clothing lines to find those that met my standards for quality, a range of sizes to fit all body types, and most importantly, items that I personally loved and felt confident in recommending. I only chose the brands that I truly believe in and that I know will make you look and feel your best.
Here’s a bit more info on the three lines that I carry:
- Measure & Made — When I first discovered Measure & Made pants, it was like a dream come true! As someone who has always struggled to find pants and jeans that fit me well, Measure & Made is a game-changer. It’s like they are custom-fit just for you. That means no more struggling with gaping waistbands or the feeling that your pants just don’t fit your shape.
- Storyline Collection — Storyline Collection is the brainchild of two of my super-talented friends and I’m lucky enough to be a founding partner, (aka an Editor). They’ve created a well-defined line of classic pieces that are designed to make getting dressed each day a total breeze. The mix-and-match concept means you can easily create a variety of looks without feeling like you need a degree in fashion. Think versatility without complexity.
- Ruby Ribbon — I’ve offered Ruby Ribbon just over eight years now and it’s truly the workhorse of your wardrobe. It’s built around the world’s best shapewear (think shaping and smoothing, but super comfortable). We offer the Bye Bye Bra cami, which will replace your bra (no more underwires), no matter what size you are. But Ruby Ribbon isn’t just about shapewear, we also have a selection of slimming swimsuits and leggings that feature a skinny waistband to give you a little extra tummy support. So, whether you’re heading to the beach or hitting the gym, you’ll look and feel amazing in Ruby Ribbon.
- Where I grew up: Casselton ND, just outside of Fargo (yeah, that Fargo!)
- My pets: I have one furry friend, a German Wirehair Pointer named Libby (short for Liberty). She’s full of energy and always up for an adventure.
- My favorite foods: I like fresh food, not processed and I lean toward ethnic like Mexican or Chinese (oh, and sushi). I also have a LaCroix in my hand at least once a day.
- What I like to do in my spare time: I love escaping the ND winter by spending a few of the winter months in Florida. In the summer, I like camping, boating, and swimming. I like the outdoors and walking my dog, and quiet time with a book or a new magazine. (What’s your favorite magazine?)
Want to keep in touch? Join my email list for style tips, promotions and fashion fun.
2 thoughts on “About Char from Style with Char Studio”
My name is Annie McKenzie, and I live in Bismarck, ND. I’m messaging you because I’m wondering if I could ask you some questions about Ruby Ribbon? I love their camis. I have 4 of them and thought it would be fun to host a party. Would you believe that I couldn’t find a stylist interested? So, I decided to become a stylist myself! I have my trunk, and I even have two people’s orders. I’ve called Ruby Ribbon multiple times, left a couple emails, attended a zoom meeting, and I just can’t get anyone to respond! Here are my questions: 1. What is the best way for me purchase camis for myself AND to add to my trunk? 2. I see that stylists can host 1 trunk show a month. Will I be able to earn hostess rewards AND commission if I do this? 3. I read that stylists receive 40% off for the first 60 days, and then after that we can sample the current collections. What does that mean? If we sample the current collections, do we send them back at some point? I have a trunk show scheduled for June 25th, and I want to make sure that I am 100% ready to go. Would you be able to answer these questions for me? I would appreciate any help you could give me!! Thank you! ~Annie McKenzie
Welcome to a new stylist! I will message you