For a while now, I’ve been sort of infatuated with capsule wardrobes – and by infatuated, I mean both intrigued and a little scared.
A capsule wardrobe is a curated set of clothing items that are designed to work well together in a mix-and-match way. Some women like to create a capsule wardrobe that they wear all the time, while other women create them for specific situations, such as a trip.
By creating and using a capsule wardrobe, you simplify your wardrobe and the process of getting dressed. You have to make fewer wardrobe decisions, but know that you look polished. You also may find you maximize your clothing budget.
Here is an example of a simple capsule wardrobe featuring two tops, a pair of pants, a skirt and a shawl. (These pieces are all from the last two seasons of Ruby Ribbon collections.) These pieces give you six outfits. If you add in a few accessories, such as statement jewelry or a scarf or two, you will extend it into even more looks.
I’m intrigued with capsule wardrobes because they seem so streamlined. Just a few pieces, some quick decisions and done! But they also scare me because I wonder if I might feel limited? Is just a handful of mix and match pieces enough to fulfill my fashion creativity?
If you’ve ever tried out a capsule wardrobe, give us some feedback? What worked and what didn’t? If you are interested in learning more about capsule wardrobes, take my Capsule Wardrobe Mini Course. You will learn the benefits of a capsule wardrobe, see some examples and get a free Capsule Wardrobe planning tool too.
Then, follow more blog for more on capsule wardrobes over the new few weeks.
#capsulewardrobe #outfits #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #pants #tops #shawl #mixandmatch
Interested in fashion? Want to trade Style tips and info with like-minded women? Join my Free Facebook Group to keep in touch!
Now the holiday trees are going up… let’s talk about Plaid! What are the Holidays without plaid?
One way to accent plaid is with great scarves. Whether it is for a pop of color with an outfit or an to keep warm on these cold days…who doesn’t love fashion with a function too?
There are so many plaids to chose from and plaids work well all year round but at the holidays, we tend to gravitate towards a few favorites like Buffalo Plaid and Tartan, especially in holiday colors.
In fact the Red Tartan Print is a favorite for Christmas wrapping paper under the tree as well!
Here are some tips for wearing plaid this season:
- Go with an old-standby, the flannel shirt. It’s classic and always in fashion. Feel free to pair with jeans. I like to wear it over a tee with the buttons open, more like a plaid jacket (I also often wear mine with my Skirted Leggings on the weekend)
- Try a plaid scarf or shawl worn with a monochrome outfit such as head-to-toe black
- Find a plaid skirt and wear it with a crisp white blouse for instant classic; Our blouse, belted, would give this outfit a modern twist.
- Go fashionista by pairing two complementary plaids in a single outfit. Oh so bold!
How do you do your plaid?
#plaid #flannel #holidays #stylewithchar #classic #rocktheholidays #elitesuite #socialitesuite #fallcgs2018 #christmas #scarf #shawl #rubyribbon
It’s sometimes challenging to determine what you might like when you’re shopping from a sale rack. To help you out, here are my top five suggestions on what to check out from the Flash Sale.
- Ponte Jacket — A versatile jacket in black or mink brown that can be worn so many ways. Pair with pants or a skirt for a polished office look or dress it down with jeans for a super casual and oh so cute look.
- Flare Leg Pants — My favorite “work pants” and I have them in both black and navy (aka sapphire blue). Catch me most of the year at the office and I’m probably wearing them. They look great and are so comfortable. (These pants also come in a Short length)
- Fit and Flare Dress – Need a chameleon dress, this is it! A basic “little black dress” that you can style differently every time you wear it. It’s cute with a cropped sweater, or try a bright scarf or statement jewelry. Oh, and think about animal print shoes with it! This dress also has a Ruby Ribbon secret, a built-in shaping slip to smooth and control you.
- Ponte Leggings — Love the look of leggings but just not sure they’re for you? These Ponte Leggings are not only a “no see through” fabric, but they also include the signature Ruby Ribbon “skinny band” at the waist and have side panels that add a slimming stylish touch.
- Fit and Flare Skirt — A Ruby Ribbon client favorite, this skirt perfect for all seasons. On a warm summer day, it looks great with a tank top and sandals. But it’s equally fashionable on a day next winter with a cozy sweater, tights and boots. You’ll find yourself reaching for it all the time.
Each item on this sale comes in XS to 3XL and most are made from our Ponte fabric, which is a tightly woven fabric that keeps its shape well with extended use without color fading. Items from this list are all 30% off and the sale on these items ends August 28, 2018, but some of these items will sell out in some sizes.
Want to get advance notice of Ruby Ribbon sales? Join my online style community for advance sale notices, plus early previews of new products, fashion tips and more.
#sale #discount #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #leggings #dresses #skirts #pants #jackets #ponte #workclothes #officeclothes #travel #wardrobebasics #basics #essentials #black #brown #navy #plussizes #petites #wearitnowwearitlater
Looking for why out stylists are loving their Boutique in a Box? Here’s 10!
- Your personal rubyribbon.com website is active immediately and you can start earning right away!
- You are selling something all women want! If you Google “I hate my bra” you will get 5.7 million results.
- We have all the training you need to get started in Ruby Ribbon Academy! And if you complete the online curriculum, you’ll earn $25 in free product!
- Your Boutique-in-a-Box includes 9 camis and a demiette in sizes to fit 90% of the women you’ll meet.
- 9 out of 10 customers return to purchase again—and you’ll have a selection of colors across our 3 design families to offer more options for her next purchase.
- 1 out of 3 customers will add on petals or a Shaping Brief with their cami and you’ll have a sample of both to share.
- Customers usually start with camis and then move to our game-changing leggings. If you purchase the Ultimate or Ultimate Plus, you will have a selection of our best selling styles!
- The average customer spends $145 and an average show is $850**— if you hold 6 shows this month, you could earn up to $1,000 – $2,000!
- 9 out of 10 customers refer friends and enjoy benefits (including free, 50% and 75% off items) in our Sharing Rewards program. Learn more in the “Host” section of my website!
- Our Free Cami Calls are a fun way for your friends to learn about your new business while entering a drawing to win a free cami! When you share with friends, you’ll earn business supplies!
Want to learn more? Join my online style community to ask questions.
#boutiqueinabox #10reasons #love #💗 #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #earn #rewards #freecami #ihatemybra #businessinabox #startabusiness #stylist #yourbusinessyourway #NDstrong #boutique #lowcoststartup
(***INCOME DISCLAIMER: Ruby Ribbon does not guarantee that Stylists will generate any income. As with any business, each Stylist business results may vary based on a number of factors, including individual effort, time and circumstances. For statistics on actual earnings of our Stylist, please review the Income Disclosure Statement on www.rubyribbon.com.)
#zigziglar #stylewithchar #smile #rubyribbon #gratefulheart #keepyourword
I just returned from a fun vacation to the Caribbean and while there I realized one thing about the Ruby Ribbon Ponte Jacket. I value it more when I travel than when I don’t? Not sure why.
But when I’m traveling, I nearly always bring it. It went to Finland with me two summers ago, and is almost always in my laptop bag on a business trip.
- It packs so easily — no chance of getting wrinkled no matter where you stash it
- It goes with any outfit. Mine is black so that helps (but you can also get it in mink brown), and the fabric is just dressy enough to wear with a skirt or nice pants, but it’s also perfect casually with jeans.
- It’s stretchy and comfy but still professional looking when you need it
- And the detailing on the back just makes it fit so well
Sorry, enough raving, but it’s just a great versatile jacket that I probably haven’t told you enough about.
#travel #stylewithchar #pontejacket #myfav #wearitwitheverything #rubyribbon
One of the phrases that I’m finding myself saying over and over and over (and over) at my Ruby Ribbon trunk shows lately is “and it also comes in black.”
This is a big, big change from when I started with Ruby Ribbon three years ago. As a matter of fact, I recall thinking when I got my startup kit back then, that EVERYTHING was black. I mean, each piece in the kit was black, seriously!
Well, all that has sure changed over the years. We have so many colors (gorgeous, amazing, beautiful) colors to choose from now, and to show off those colors, I usually get my samples in colors now.
But, we also often have color choices in our collection now, so while I have a color on my rack, I will also tell you “but this also comes in black.” See, I say it over and over. And while I know so many of you love (love, love) black, you must forget, because you all are buying colors so much now.
So, as a reminder, here are just a few of my latest fashions, in (wait for it) – BLACK! From Left — Lux Tunic, Pleated Chiffon Extender (you may have missed this one as it kind of “snuck up” into the latest fashion line), Flounce Skirt, Layered Tunic and Bell Sleeve Top. (I also thought about adding the Suedette Leggings in black but I just ran out of room)
#italsocomesinblack #everyonelovesblack #blackisslimming #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #black #blackleggings
When you find something you love (like Saturday or a pair of pants that fit so great), sometimes you want them in a variety.
Well, for Saturday, I can’t really help you get that feeling other days (OK, maybe I can? Redesign your life with a flexible and fun fashion career? But I digress).
When I’m sharing Ruby Ribbon with women out there, I often get requests for more colors in some of our best basic items. So, with Fall, I have more colors in several of our most-loved pieces! The key colors for our wardrobe basics are now: Black (everyone’s favorite), Mink Brown and Sapphire Blue (so gorgeous).
We now offer these fashion favorites in this range of colors:
- Flare Leg Ponte Pants in Black, Mink and Sapphire — my personal favorite “work pant” that flatters many body types
- Ponte leggings in Black, Mink and Sapphire — slimming and fashionable leggings in a sturdy fabric
- Slim Leg Ponte Pants in Black, Mink and Sapphire — a customer favorite
- Wrap Jacket in Black, Mink and Sapphire — a chic update to a classic blazer, and features a Ponte belt too
Go here to see all the great pieces in our Fall 2017 Collection
#workwardrobe #newcolors #suitebloggers #stylewithchar #amazing #stylewithchar #blackminkandsapphire
When you have something you love (like all your Ruby Ribbon clothes, shapewear and swim), you’ll want to take great care of it to make it last a long time. Here’s the tips on how to best take care of your Ruby Ribbon!
Want to join my tribe of fashion-minded women. Head over to Style with Char Online Studio.
#stylewithchar #careinstructions #rubyribbon #ilovemyclothes #byebyebra #laundry #ditchyourbra
I was watching the Today show this morning (lazy rainy day) and they were showcasing how to wear black and white this summer. I was inspired to put together a few mix-and-match pieces in these same colors to share with you.
Here are four tops and four bottoms (more details below) that could be amazing basics to wear together or with other colors all summer.
- Empire Lace Tank – stretchy lace in either black or white, designed to layer over a Ruby Ribbon cami
- Drape Front Tunic – unique ladder detail on the sleeve, wear over Ruby Ribbon white leggings
- Versatile Tank – a wardrobe basic in black, white or three color options
- Mesh sleeve top – the feel of a tank top but no exposure on your arms – also comes in white
- Convertible skirt – a matte jersey skirt that is also super cute as a halter or strapless dress and this fabric travels so well
- Jacquard leggings – a brocade fabric that flatters all sizes and these leggings also come in black
- Wrap pant – the same matte jersey as the skirt with a unique wrap detail. Wear with a fitted top. (We have these same pants in a palazzo style also
- Capri leggings — pick them in both black and white!
Style any of these black and white outfits with statement jewelry, toss on a color scarf or jacket or accent with any color shoe!
#stylewithchar #blackandwhite #summerfashion #wardrobebasics #moreblackandwhiteoptionsonmywebsite