Before I started with Ruby Ribbon, I often commented that I would love to have my own business, but it was too “something” — too expensive, too risky, too time consuming to get started, too “something.”
I have chatted with several women lately that are feeling the same so I’ve been thinking about how Ruby Ribbon meets you where you are. For women who have the “too somethings,” my recommendation would be to become my business partner using a Ruby Ribbon Shape Box.
The ShapeBox gives you everything you need to start a side-business, and is a great place to see if Ruby Ribbon will fit in your life. This box, about the size of a large laptop briefcase, contains Ruby Ribbon camis to fit 90% of the women you’ll meet, a slip, shaping brief and a boy short, plus catalogs and your own Ruby Ribbon website. Plus a connection with me as your business partner, to help you get going.
It’s not “too expensive,” in fact, many women pay off their initial costs for a ShapeBox (only $299) in just their first month with the 25% commission they earned on their sales.
It’s not “too risky” either, since you can commit to this business on your own terms — just keep it in your car and when you hear yourself raving about how much you love your Ruby Ribbon, yon can pull the ShapeBox out and let a friend try one on. You aren’t obligated to hold trunk shows or attend vendor events if that doesn’t fit into your life right now.
And, with the freedom of a ShapeBox business, it’s not “too time consuming” either. It’s there when you have time for it, and if you have it with you, it’ll be available in small snippets. Think of where you already are with women, such as your children’s sporting events, the office, and during your girlfriend time, and you’ll quickly find that you can share Ruby Ribbon and earn the rewards.
#businesspartners #shapebox #businessinabox #stylewithchar
I placed my own first order for Fall 2017 items, and thought I would share what I got and why?
- Suedette Leggings in Spruce — I got the Spruce color to wear for NDSU Bison football games this fall
- Fast Track Leggings — fun to have leggings in a deep blue and the black stripe will be flattering
- On Waist Thigh Slimmer – I already have one of these, but I wear skirts so much that having a second one is a must!
- Lace Up Tunic – A great option for a more casual look
- Flare Leg Ponte Pants in Sapphire — my black pair of these pants are a wardrobe staple, and I look forward to expanding into a second color
- Nothing but Net Tunic — I tried this on at Runway and fell in love! Unique, sporty, fun – what’s not to love?
- Ponte Jacket — “The” jacket for Fall, and of course, I needed one!
Of course, all the items I got were either free or half price because even stylists can be a hostess! (You can too!) And, of course, I want it all! LOL
Fall Collection Summary
#stylewithchar #iwantitall #rubyribbon #fallcollection #fallfashion #suitebloggers #earnnewclothes #gobison
This week I spent the night at my Mom’s house, and my sister was there too. For fun, she had us dig out all our old Barbie items, including the camper and the posh house and the dream boat. We also found a stash of Barbie’s clothes.
At our house, Barbie didn’t have just any clothes, she had high fashion items, mostly homemade. (Many of her items were uniquely fashioned out of children’s socks, but that’s another story.)
She also had a wardrobe made by Mom, and I’m guessing many were without a pattern. She was the prima fashion designer in our family. There were even handbags and boots!
I’m attaching a few pictures that I took to save the memories. My sister took some of the clothes herself. Just check out the detail and the pattern and the love that went into these fashions!
I’ll note that Mom remains my biggest supporter and she also loves Ruby Ribbon (and has the closet to prove it!).
#barbielovesrubyribbon #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #fashionista #thanksmom
Here is a dream job story that a friend of mine shared with me. What’s your dream job?
An ambitious woman entered a successful store with a reputation for beautiful, fine quality merchandise. She walked up to the owner and said, “Ma’am, I am very impressed with your store and I would like to work here. I promise I will work hard and I would love to build a career here.
In return, all I ask is the following:
- First, I would like 40% commission on everything I sell.
- I would also like to earn free merchandise every month based on my sales.
- Plus, if I bring in and train any new sales people, I think I deserve a percentage of their sales.
- I would like the opportunity to rapidly advance within the company.
- When I do well, I expect LOTS of praise and recognition, free products, special awards, and fabulous trips.
- By the way, I need to set my own schedule and work only when it suits me and my family.
So… when can I start?
After the store owner recovered from shock, she ROARED with laughter, “Miss, you can’t be serious! You’re dreamin’! You’ll never find an opportunity like that ANYWHERE! And if you do…come back and get me because I want to work with you!”
I have learned that Ruby Ribbon truly is a dream job! I work when I can fit it in and get all these benefits. I have found my clothes budget has gone to almost $0 because I get new free on-trend clothes every quarter and I love that! Every stylist has their own favorite perks!
#dreamjob #girlboss #startyourownbusiness #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #40%commission #freeclothes #really #recognition #flexibility #fun
I’ve been a Ruby Ribbon stylist for two and a half years now, working a very flexible business helping women look and feel better in their clothes. At the same time, I also work a full -time job in real estate software.
Curious about what it’s like to be a Ruby Ribbon stylist? Basically I get paid to socialize with other great women both in person and online (like right here in my blog). I help style them in beautiful clothing that boosts their confidence and and I keep in touch to share information about Ruby Ribbon’s newest products.
That’s really how easy it is! (Oh, and I get new clothes for free anytime I want.)
I would love to tell you more! What questions do you have? We have regular calls to help you learn just a bit more about Ruby Ribbon and we give away at a Free Cami (!!) at every call. Text “FreeCami” to 22828 and I’ll get you the details.
#girlboss #startabusiness #stylewithchar #$$$$ #rubyribbon #newclothes
What does a Ruby Ribbon stylist do?
#soeasy #startabusiness #joinme #itcanbejustforfun #dowhatido #stylewithchar
Each of the Ruby Ribbon team leaders select a name for their team, and while my team has been growing, I struggled to find the right team name for us.
But I’ve settled on one that I really love — the Instagrams. It’s whimsical and fun with a little nod to my own personal technology bent. While my team and I regularly are connected via email and phone, we get together one Wednesday each month for recognition, brainstorming, sharing business tips and just having fun together.
Each of us brings something different to the team. One of us is self-employed, another sells insurance almost full time, another is a salon owner, and I work at a local software company. We all work our Ruby Ribbon businesses our own, and we have the flexibility we need to make money on our own terms, plus we share our love of fashion with women we meet.
When I first got started with Ruby Ribbon, I would never have imagined what it would mean to me almost two years later.
#startyourownbusiness #joinmyteam #beastylist #freeclothesallthetime
Today, I’m heading to Vegas to attend the annual Ruby Ribbon stylist conference and, as you might expect, I’m so excited!
It’s not really that I’m going to Las Vegas; my best guess is that I’ve been there 50 times. (Yep, 50, probably correct. My other job is in the software industry and it seems we go to Vegas for every conference. Not really every, but one year, I went to Vegas six times for work. Not kidding!) There’s a very good chance I won’t even leave the hotel.
Here’s why it’s going to be exciting for me.
- See the Fall fashions – Ruby Ribbon uses this conference to launch the Fall Collection. I can’t wait to see what we’ll be offering for Fall. Can you?
- Training – one of my personal goals for the conference is to learn new skills. I’m excited for some of the sessions. Some of the sessions that I’m looking forward to include fitting a cami correctly (always good to have a refresher), using social media in my business, and wardrobing tips from the Ruby Ribbon designer (can’t wait share this with you!).
- Connect with friends – some of my fellow stylists call it a “sisterhood” and that’s really how it feels. We interact every day in private Facebook groups, sharing tips and plans and supporting one another. Runway gives us a chance to take those relationships face to face!
- Celebrate — we definitely take time to celebrate! We’ll be recognizing the top stylists for a variety of things. Last year, I got my Ruby Ribbon Leader bracelet at!. We’ll also learn more about our annual reward trip. We won’t know until Sunday where we’re all hoping to go on a trip that earn!