Anna Zornosa, the CEO at Ruby Ribbon, was recently featured in an article on CNBC, highlighting her perception of the “gig economy” and the most common mistakes women make in business. The gig economy is a labor market characterized by the prevalence of short-term contracts or freelance work as opposed to permanent job.
She’s featured with two other female CEOs who joined together to poll 1000 working women to learn more about how women feel about the gig economy.
“It’s not a competition between traditional work and a side hustle,” said Anna Zornosa, CEO and founder of the shapewear and fashion site Ruby Ribbon. The company has had year-over-year growth of 60 percent to 100 percent since starting in 2012, Zornosa says.
The article even includes a graph highlighting the key business skills that women learn while working a side hustle. Customer service skills was touted as the primary business skill learned.
You should read the entire article to really get the best tips and explanation on what mistakes you should avoid in business, but here are the top six.
For me, every job I’ve had has helped me hone business skills, and I often think about how the job I work during the day and my side hustle complement one another. When I’m working with a team that builds software for real estate professionals, I can relate to them in a meaningful way as I understand their challenges in sales, staying motivated, using their time wisely and so much more.
I hope you enjoy reading this article and my perspectives on it. If you want to stay connected and continue this conversations (and others), join my free online community.
#sidehustle #gigeconomy #dontflinch #businessskills #weallmakemistakes #dontapologize #dontbeatightwad dontbeaperfectionist #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #businesswomen #girlboss
Looking for why out stylists are loving their Boutique in a Box? Here’s 10!
- Your personal rubyribbon.com website is active immediately and you can start earning right away!
- You are selling something all women want! If you Google “I hate my bra” you will get 5.7 million results.
- We have all the training you need to get started in Ruby Ribbon Academy! And if you complete the online curriculum, you’ll earn $25 in free product!
- Your Boutique-in-a-Box includes 9 camis and a demiette in sizes to fit 90% of the women you’ll meet.
- 9 out of 10 customers return to purchase again—and you’ll have a selection of colors across our 3 design families to offer more options for her next purchase.
- 1 out of 3 customers will add on petals or a Shaping Brief with their cami and you’ll have a sample of both to share.
- Customers usually start with camis and then move to our game-changing leggings. If you purchase the Ultimate or Ultimate Plus, you will have a selection of our best selling styles!
- The average customer spends $145 and an average show is $850**— if you hold 6 shows this month, you could earn up to $1,000 – $2,000!
- 9 out of 10 customers refer friends and enjoy benefits (including free, 50% and 75% off items) in our Sharing Rewards program. Learn more in the “Host” section of my website!
- Our Free Cami Calls are a fun way for your friends to learn about your new business while entering a drawing to win a free cami! When you share with friends, you’ll earn business supplies!
Want to learn more? Join my online style community to ask questions.
#boutiqueinabox #10reasons #love #💗 #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #earn #rewards #freecami #ihatemybra #businessinabox #startabusiness #stylist #yourbusinessyourway #NDstrong #boutique #lowcoststartup
(***INCOME DISCLAIMER: Ruby Ribbon does not guarantee that Stylists will generate any income. As with any business, each Stylist business results may vary based on a number of factors, including individual effort, time and circumstances. For statistics on actual earnings of our Stylist, please review the Income Disclosure Statement on www.rubyribbon.com.)
So who is Ruby Ribbon? We are a company that supports women in every moment of their crazy busy, typically untypical, ever-changing, always abundant life.
We offer camis to unlock bra-free days. We have the perfect pant, legging or shaping bottom that looks great! We go with you from play dates to date nights, from power meetings to power Pilates. Let’s walk through our product line.
First is our incredible shapes category with seriously life-changing foundations for any outfit. What makes us different? We deliver real results with comfort. This is not your once-in-a-blue-moon torture device. This is bra-replacement while feeling like you’re wrapped in a cloud product!
- Support any cup size with NO precise cup-measuring required
- NO underwire
- Lift your bust & butt
- Smooth your back, hips & waist
- Sculpt a little bit or a lot but always comfortable
- Banish bra and panty lines
- Stay Put – with our gripper edge that keeps your cami in place!
Editors love our product as do our customers. 90% of our customers return to purchase more. And 90% tell a friend. It;s one of the best parts of my business.
We’ve added our slimming and shaping technology to our RR Swim line. Banish the awful cramped quarters and florescent lighting of department store dressing rooms. Shop with me in comfort! I will help you select a suit you’ll look great and feel great in, lose and inch from your waist smoothing out your curves with invishape technology and no underwire!
Our next category of products is Essentials: the modern woman’s wardrobe staples made better with Intomi – our built in smoothing and shaping – designed to give you the long, lean and lifted look. These are your favorite go to items- the 20% of your closet you wear 80% of the time. Think pants, leggings, skirts and dresses that you pull out over and over again.
Complete the look
Our last category is Complete the look: the perfect top, jacket or layer to complete any outfit. These products are released four-times a year and provide a little bit of seasonal fun to complete any look.
Connect with me to get all the latest info on Ruby Ribbon – we release new styles every few months!
#beautifulshapes #shapewear #byebyebra #brafree #essentials #leggings #pants #skirts #dresses #lbd #fashion #layers #completethelook #styled #puttogether #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #rrswim #swim #swimsuit
I’ve shared with you before how much I love the support and encouragement I get from my Ruby Ribbon leaders, and I experienced it again this week when some beautiful silver jewelry arrived in the mail.
It was in recognition of my Ruby Ribbon team of business partners reaching a milestone and it was such fun to share this milestone with them.
I look forward to earning more charms to sit on that charm bracelet over the next few months.
#beyourownboss #smallbusinesssuccess #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #juststart
One of the rewards of being a Ruby Ribbon Stylist is that sometimes you get a surprise in the mail. It can be something small, like a fun notebook with an inspirational quote or something more. Between the company and my fellow stylists, it’s fun to lift each other up.
This week, I got a really fun surprise.
We are in the middle of our contest to earn a trip to the beach next year, and while I haven’t earned the trip (yet!), I did reach the first milestone. They are offering motivational prizes along the way and this was the first one — a cute canvas pouch. What do you think I should use it for?
As I head into two trunk shows yet this week, I believe I’ll be earning the next level of prizes before the month ends. So, check back to see what lands in my mailbox next! Does your job do this? (I’m looking for business partners and you could be next)
#rewards #stylewithchar #fun #mailboxtreats #rubyribbon #girlboss #businesspartners #weneedyourhelp
Here is a dream job story that a friend of mine shared with me. What’s your dream job?
An ambitious woman entered a successful store with a reputation for beautiful, fine quality merchandise. She walked up to the owner and said, “Ma’am, I am very impressed with your store and I would like to work here. I promise I will work hard and I would love to build a career here.
In return, all I ask is the following:
- First, I would like 40% commission on everything I sell.
- I would also like to earn free merchandise every month based on my sales.
- Plus, if I bring in and train any new sales people, I think I deserve a percentage of their sales.
- I would like the opportunity to rapidly advance within the company.
- When I do well, I expect LOTS of praise and recognition, free products, special awards, and fabulous trips.
- By the way, I need to set my own schedule and work only when it suits me and my family.
So… when can I start?
After the store owner recovered from shock, she ROARED with laughter, “Miss, you can’t be serious! You’re dreamin’! You’ll never find an opportunity like that ANYWHERE! And if you do…come back and get me because I want to work with you!”
I have learned that Ruby Ribbon truly is a dream job! I work when I can fit it in and get all these benefits. I have found my clothes budget has gone to almost $0 because I get new free on-trend clothes every quarter and I love that! Every stylist has their own favorite perks!
#dreamjob #girlboss #startyourownbusiness #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #40%commission #freeclothes #really #recognition #flexibility #fun