Question: Navy with Black…. Is it possible to wear them together? Answer: ABSOLUTELY!!!
Navy and Black are classics. You can really do no wrong when pairing the two together. Here are some tips to pull off this great combo of classics:
- Use different textures (think suedette or ottoman) to set the two colors apart
- Add a pop of color in accessories
- Accent with a pattern belt or shoe!
Clothing is meant to be worn but, also to be fun! Use combos of navy and black for classic year-round looks.
Have another fashion question? Join my free online style community to chat.
#navywithblack #classics #stylewithchar #breakarule #antiquatedrule #rubyribbon #pairings #classiclook #womensclothing #fashiontip
So, I’m going to rename the Stevie Leggings for the winter. If you need the perfect leggings (or pants) to wear to your next pedicure now that it’s colder, just pull out your Stevie Leggings.
Unsnap those shiny silver snaps on each leg and you’re ready to dip those toes into a warm foot soak with no worries about stretching out your leggings while you tug them up to your knees. #brilliant
That’s my tip for today!
#pedicurepants #pedicure #stevieleggings #leggings #staywarm #staydry #genious
Yesterday it was 95 degrees outside and today, about 30 degrees cooler – Fall is definitely in the air!
Tonight, I’m sharing seven tips for transitioning your wardrobe into Fall.
- As the temperature dips, layer different lengths of solid colored tank tops under long sleeve shirts or sweaters to elongate your silhouette.
- Choose the right Fall fabrics – think leather, suede, corduroy, chambray and flannel.
- Don’t put your summer dresses away just yet! Wear your warm-weather pieces into fall by pairing them with cozy cardigans, leggings and boots.
- Gather some warm weather accessories like scarves or a fun hat – cozy and fashionable.
- If you can’t part with your skirts and dresses just yet, then wear them with a pair of dark-colored tights or leggings and a pair of boots for a quick, chic look.
- Wear a lacy top under a long-sleeved shirt with a scooped neckline. The lace will peak out, giving you a feminine look while keeping you warm.
- Put away your wedges, pumps, sandals, and flip flops, it’s time to start tucking your pants into boots!
Do you love getting timely fashion tips? Join my fashion tribe for more tips weekly.
#fall #rubyribbon #tips #styletips #celebrateconfidence #stylewithchar #alwayswearleggings #leather #suede #cordoruy #boots #sweaters #wrapdress #scarves #cozy
We’re in the thick of summer now, so I thought I would take a few minutes and share some fashion tips to help you as you navigate through hot days, maybe when you’re working or while you’re on vacay.
- Choose loose, flowy styles — Try a fashion-forward loose-fitting top that skims your body. You can even wear it to work topped with a blazer or cute cardi
- Dare to bare—but it doesn’t mean you have to show everything! Strappy dresses are a way to stay stylish (and cool) without showing too much skin.
Add a pop of color — Choose pieces with a serious punch of color like coral, blue or yellow for a fresh, summer look. Use a brightly colored bag or shoes to pair with neutrals you already know and love.
Explore patterns — Try something new and show up to the next event wearing an in-your-face floral print or a splash of geometric pattern. Make a statement.
- Get the right fabrics — Seek out breathable fabrics like cotton and linen (or even silk) to stay cool on super hot days.
#summer #tips #fashiontips #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #popofcolor #looseandflowy #style #daretobare #linen #cotton #silk #explorepatterns #floral #geometric
There’s nothing wrong with neutrals and having lots of them, but about a year ago, I found that some of the neutrals in my closet weren’t getting worn at the same rate. After analyzing it, I realized that I wore anything black or gray probably five more times than I ever worn tans or browns.
So, one day, I took all the brown/tan toned items and donated them. Gone! No more shades of brown! It was mainly pants and skirts, but I also donated any tops or jackets that wouldn’t look good with blacks and grays. Basically, I streamlined my wardrobe by removing one color family.
I’m attaching a picture from last week, that made me think of this drastic wardrobe change. You see, the brown boots I wore that day didn’t leave the house with the brown clothes, and before I put them last week, I had to wipe the dust off them.
I guess what I learned is that I should also have donated the shoes and boots that went with the brown outfits. They worked last week with denim leggings and a cozy sweater, but I’m realizing that getting back that floor space in my closet would be better. (And maybe a reason to get a fun pair of colorful shoes that can be worn with black, LOL)
Want more fashion and style tips — join my online community on Facebook!
#simplify #wardrobe #neutrals #stylewithchar #fashiontips #rubyribbon #fewerneutrals
While it’s fun to have a lot of shoes (just ask me!), you don’t need a thousand pair of shoes to look fabulous. You only need a few really great pairs.
In the words of Coco Chanel: “A woman with good shoes is never ugly!”
First, get a signature pair of shoes you can wear in most situations. In my case, it’s a pair of gray crocodile dress shoes with a mid-heel. They have a classic style and look great with dress pants or with a skirt a tights. They are my “go to” shoes all winter. You might select a similar neutral sandal for warmer months.
Then, add in your choice of one or two of these and you might have your personal shoe collection covered:
- Ballet Flats – versatile and polished, you can easily pair them with jeans or a cute knee-length skirt; choose black for the most wearability, but a fun tan, red or silver is also an excellent choice
- Heeled Pumps – perfect for a dressed up look for the office or with your favorite skinny jeans; your best bet is basic black
- Ankle Boots – so much in style right now, you’ll wear them everywhere. Perfect paired with your favorite leggings! With so many styles to choose from right now, you’ll have a blast picking them out
- The Perfect Sandals – tasteful, casual for a beach visit, a trip out shopping or with your favorite capris. Kick them up a notch with metallic hardware or a touch of color
- Classic White Sneakers – the ultimate in casual, they will dress down your outfit for a weekend look; think message t-shirt and a fun pair of shorts or pair with a great summer dress
#loveshoes #stylewithchar #ankleboots #signatureshoes #sneakers #balletflats #heels #sandals
When I packed for my recent cruise, I made a commitment to myself not to pack so many “options” that I came home with a suitcase full of clothes that I never wore. Here’s one strategy I used to cut down on the number of items I brought along.
Many of the items that I packed doubled as swim cover-ups later. I would wear them as an outfit one day, then as a swimsuit cover-up the next day (or a day later if you have a thing about people seeing you in the same clothes again).
Here are three examples of Ruby Ribbon items that I wore first as an outfit, then as a cover-up (but I also did it with two sundresses too). From left, it’s the Nothin but Net Tunic, Crochet Poncho and the Pleated Mesh Dress. The poncho is stretchy and just super fun over a swimsuit. The tunic and dress both have removable liners that make them airy and breezy and beautiful as swim cover-ups. (Of course, I wore these over my favorite Ruby Ribbon swimsuits!)
Keep this idea in mind the next time you’re packing for a warm weather trip!
#travel #swim #rrswim #stylewithchar #packing #rubyribbon #poncho
I’ve often shared fashion tips from my friend Sunil R, and today I’m sharing a video that he recorded a few years ago, but still is so relevant today.
So here’s Sunil giving you tips to go from your professional day look to a holiday party in minutes:
So here are Sunil’s tips from the videos:
- Swap your shoes for something a holiday vibe like metalic
- Put on a festive piece of clothing, like a dressier evening jacket
- Add an accessory that feels right with your holiday look
- Touch up your makeup with a bit more evening drama
Hope you find these helpful as we go into party season!
#holidaypartyfashion #getthereontime #fromworktopartyinminutes #stylewithchar #rubyribbonm
This morning (well maybe not just this morning but time to do something about it), I realized that even though I’ve had pedicures quite often this summer, my feet were well, just plain awful. I guess wearing sandals for days on end (and loving that, BTW), just takes a toll on your feet.
After a quick tour through the Internet, I decided to soak my feet in a mixture of Epsom salt, sea salt, baking soda and essential oil. First I had to find a container large enough to hold the water and both my feet. Harder than it sounds, I’ll tell you.
Then I filled it using the recipe below, pulled up a chair next to it, grabbed a magazine to read, and plunged in my tootsies. (Grateful for polished concrete floors when I realized I didn’t grab a towel too)
I’m pretty surprised how great my feet felt after 15 minutes. While not perfect, this combo did a nice job of exfoliating, and then I did a bit more with some sugar scrub in the shower.
Here’s the recipe I used:
- 1/3 cup Epsom sale
- 1/3 cup sea salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- 10 drops of a favorite essential oil (lavender, lemon, peppermint, you get the idea)
Sorry, I didn’t take a picture of my feet (you should be glad I spared you of that!) but I found one of those on the internet too (full disclose, this is from a site that provides free stock photos so need to turn me into the Internet police)
If you try out this luxury for your own feet, drop me a line and tell me if it worked as good for you!
#stylewithchar #ijustwroteaboutfeet? #rubyribbon #summertofall #summer #sandals #pedicureathome
Here are the predictions on what will be the HOT HOT items in October?
Or the same list in pictures:
Comment below and let us know which one you love?
See more from the Winter and Holiday Collection
#Stylewithchar #lacedemiette #stretchwovencoat #suedettetunic #rubyribbon #getthemfast #Octoberhits