No matter what your body shape is, the perfect belt can give you curves in all the right places! Use a belt to enhance and flatter your look.
Here are tips on how to wear a belt for your body shape (from my friend Sunil):
- Apple – Soft knit belts or cord belts tied to the side create an illusion of a waist without emphasizing it. Never wear a belt across your mid section and stay with colors that match your outfit.
- Pear – Choose a mid-width belt; avoid anything skinny or very wide. Stay in the same color family as your outfit and wear it slightly lower on your waist.
- Pencil – Avoid anything too wide; wear it at your true waistband create a soft blouson effect by pulling at the fabric on top.This will give the effect of soft curves and is very flattering.
- Hourglass – Belts are great on you and you should be wearing them almost all the time. They should always be worn at the middle of your waist and the smallest point and dark colors flatter you best.
Not only will a belt enhance your shape, it can be a pop of color that accents your waist over an all black ensemble or a neutral colored belt to cinch in your waist as an accessory, too.
In any season, a belt can be the perfect accessory to a shirt, dress or high-waisted pants. It can make you feel “thinner” on those bloated days and/or give you the curves you are looking for all while being fashionable, too!
Want more style tips, join my online fashion tribe! We would love to have your opinions and ideas.
#belts #powerofagreatbelt #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #bodyshapes #pencil #pear #apple #hourglass #flatter #curves #elitesuite #celebrateconfidence #cgsfall2018 #accessories
Here are links to the blog posts I’ve done so far to showcase the 2018 Winter and Holiday Collection. Be sure to check back every few days to see the latest.
Keep up with all Ruby Ribbon has to offer and be the first to know when you join my free online style tribe!
Why do some things seem to create such universal joy? This one, one of the podcasts I listened to featured Ingrid Fetell Lee who has been researching Joy. She talks about the the surprisingly tangible roots of joy and shows how we all can find — and create — more of it in the world around us. I wanted to share it with you.
I was intrigued enough by Lee to also find her website, which is a colorful burst of Joy itself. While I may not start decorating my home as a rainbow, I am inspired to think more about how I can use this information. And, it’s so interesting that it’s all backed by science.
I invite you to connect with me for ongoing joyful discussion, join my online community.
#joy #aesthetics #rainbow #podcast #recommendation #stylewithchar #rubyribbon
I’m sure you’re familiar with the DIY concept — do it yourself? But what does that mean in a dress?
With the Summer 2018 collection, Ruby Ribbon has launched a black DIY dress — one dress, worn as many ways as your imagination can come up with! In a super polyester spandex fabric, what this dress offers is options:
- Wear it at your natural waist, as an empire waist or as a halter
- Two sashes allow you to configure the straps in a variety of ways — create a different look for each event you wear it too
- Take it along on an vacation or trip and DIY your way into daily fashions, dressed up or dressed down
Watch Ruby Ribbon’s Sr Designer, Cami Raymond, style this dress in her favorite six ways. (PS don’t blink when you’re watching – it goes fast)
If you love this style, join my Style with Char online community to always get the latest fashion tips, style sneak peaks and a whole lot of other fun!
See the entire Summer 2018 Capsule
1 Dress. 6 Ways! The go to wedding, vacay, reunion, girls night, date night dress!#Chic #flattering #versatile
White lace is THE thing for brides, and at Ruby Ribbon, we’ve got you covered (literally, Ha!).
Some of the comfortable Ruby Ribbon shapewear most frequently selected by brides includes:
Convertible Slip — strapless, with the most shaping in the tummy or add the straps that are included to make it work for most necklines
V-neck Slip — smoothing and comfortable
Lace Classic or Full Support Cami in white — pair with the matching Shaping Briefs or OnWaist Thigh Slimmer for a full body shaping with comfort
Sheer High Waisted Briefs — sexy and stunning with the shaping you need
#brides #rubyribbon #becomfortableonyourbigday #weddings #stylewithchar #bridesmaidstoo #motherofthebride #motherofthegroom
#bekind #loveconfetti #sequinskirt #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #makingyourlifealittlesmoother
One of the phrases that I’m finding myself saying over and over and over (and over) at my Ruby Ribbon trunk shows lately is “and it also comes in black.”
This is a big, big change from when I started with Ruby Ribbon three years ago. As a matter of fact, I recall thinking when I got my startup kit back then, that EVERYTHING was black. I mean, each piece in the kit was black, seriously!
Well, all that has sure changed over the years. We have so many colors (gorgeous, amazing, beautiful) colors to choose from now, and to show off those colors, I usually get my samples in colors now.
But, we also often have color choices in our collection now, so while I have a color on my rack, I will also tell you “but this also comes in black.” See, I say it over and over. And while I know so many of you love (love, love) black, you must forget, because you all are buying colors so much now.
So, as a reminder, here are just a few of my latest fashions, in (wait for it) – BLACK! From Left — Lux Tunic, Pleated Chiffon Extender (you may have missed this one as it kind of “snuck up” into the latest fashion line), Flounce Skirt, Layered Tunic and Bell Sleeve Top. (I also thought about adding the Suedette Leggings in black but I just ran out of room)
#italsocomesinblack #everyonelovesblack #blackisslimming #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #black #blackleggings
Ruby Ribbon launched the Winter and Holiday Collection this week and I got many of the samples right away (still waiting to pick up a few of the items with my own hostess rewards!).
Of course, I immediately unpacked the box and tried on everything that was in my size. These pieces are going to be a hit with you!
So, are you curious what I wore first? I’ve actually worn it twice already — the Lux Shawl. Available in either Black or Silvery Heather color, this is the softest thing ever, not kidding. While it’s not cashmere, it certainly feels like it. And it has a button detail that can be worn on the shoulder, or down the front for a cardigan look.
Oh, and you can also wear it as a beautiful winter scarf too. Get one for yourself (of course!) and another for a holiday gift for a woman you love!
The model shown here is wearing it with the Gray Suedette Leggings, but I paired mine this week with the Spruce Suedette Leggings and wore our Asymmetric Tunic in black under it. Just a long necklace with black booties and I had a great fall outfit. (I can also picture this shawl with the Wine colored Suedettes too, can’t you?)
As usual, I’ll be highlighting many of the new items for Winter 2017 over the next few weeks, and you can find them all curated (word of the year, lol) here:
Winter and Holiday Capsule Summary
#holidaygiftsalready? #holidaygifts #shawl #almostcashmere #stylewithchar #rubyribbon
In our last Ruby Ribbon call, they shared the list of Fall items that you all are loving. Here’s what are the fan favorites (ie top sellers) right now.
- Suedette Leggings – a limited edition item only available in September, but gorgeous and soft – choose from 5 colors (you still have a few days to get them)
- Ponte Blazer — aka a “boyfriend” blazer with pockets and a style all it’s own
- Chiffon Poncho — I should check but I think I’ve sold more than a dozen of these myself. So flattering on many figures
- Effortless Top — My sample in the rose color gets tried on by everyone. I love it over the white Lace Extender and the tiger print is very cute too
- Denim Leggings — hey, not new for Fall, but we are all ready to put our summer clothes away I think. They are great for tailgating, date night, you get the idea
- Flip Skirt — what’s not to love about a reversible skirt that gives you two complete looks with one piece
(I’m surprised the new Stretch Woven Pants didn’t make this list, just saying)
#fanfavorites #stylewithchar #didyoupickthem #whohasthemall? #rubyribbon #ilovehashtags
I think Ruby Ribbon’s Executive Vice President of Product said it great when she posted this last night on Facebook! All in a day’s work for freeing women from the tyranny of a bra!
Our Demiette won an innovation award last night! Here it’s shown in our Viper print but it also comes in Cheetah and a range of other colors. We have them in sizes up to a 44 bra band.
#brafree #ihatemybra #awardwinner #stylewithchar #amazing #rubyribbon