I stumbled across this fun information somewhere on the internet and saved it away for a blog post. I’m going to admit to you now that I have no idea where I read it, but I thought it was interesting.
Each color has a meaning associated with it; some of the meanings are more logical than others. You may want to use these meanings as you dress for you expect you’ll need of your day.
Here are some examples of each color and what it means:
- Red: Power, passion, love, negative
- Orange: Confidence, cheerfulness, friendliness
- Green: Growth, money, environment, positive
- Blue: Trust, peace, loyalty, safety, positive
- Purple: Royalty, mystery, spirituality
- Brown: Outdoors, food, earth
- Black: Formality, luxury, sophistication, neutral
#color #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #suitebloggers #ROYGBIV
PS: I learned color merchandising at a retail job as a teenager – I can’t help but put colors in the “right” order.
Our Ruby Ribbon stylists have had the new Fall 2017 Capsule for a few day now, so I asked them to share their favorite pieces from the Fall Collection.
Well, of course, there were a lot of favorites, including the Effortless Top, the new Stretch Woven Pants and the black Ponte Blazer, but the crowd favorite (at least today) was the Chiffon Poncho in that great tiger print.
Stay tuned for more stylist tips and wardrobing ideas for the entire Fall Capsule.
Fall Collection Summary
#fall #favorites #fun #stylewithchar #suitebloggers
Here is a dream job story that a friend of mine shared with me. What’s your dream job?
An ambitious woman entered a successful store with a reputation for beautiful, fine quality merchandise. She walked up to the owner and said, “Ma’am, I am very impressed with your store and I would like to work here. I promise I will work hard and I would love to build a career here.
In return, all I ask is the following:
- First, I would like 40% commission on everything I sell.
- I would also like to earn free merchandise every month based on my sales.
- Plus, if I bring in and train any new sales people, I think I deserve a percentage of their sales.
- I would like the opportunity to rapidly advance within the company.
- When I do well, I expect LOTS of praise and recognition, free products, special awards, and fabulous trips.
- By the way, I need to set my own schedule and work only when it suits me and my family.
So… when can I start?
After the store owner recovered from shock, she ROARED with laughter, “Miss, you can’t be serious! You’re dreamin’! You’ll never find an opportunity like that ANYWHERE! And if you do…come back and get me because I want to work with you!”
I have learned that Ruby Ribbon truly is a dream job! I work when I can fit it in and get all these benefits. I have found my clothes budget has gone to almost $0 because I get new free on-trend clothes every quarter and I love that! Every stylist has their own favorite perks!
#dreamjob #girlboss #startyourownbusiness #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #40%commission #freeclothes #really #recognition #flexibility #fun
In honor of national Go Red for Women day, Ruby Ribbon has put together this special list of warning signs of heart attack in women, which are different than men.
Take a quick look to refresh yourself, for your own sake and for the women you surround yourself with.
As part of Go Red for Women day, I wore one of my Ruby Ribbon favorites, the Criss Cross Front top in, of course, red! (It happens to be on sale for our Go Red flash sale, and a portion of the proceeds from this sale will be donated to the American Heart Association!)
#goredforwomen #rubyribbon #rubyribboncares #americanheartassociation #knowthesigns #stylewithchar #flashsale
You’ve probably seen our Ruby Ribbon tagline, at least I hope you have. It’s “Celebrating Confidence, Inside and Out”.
So, what does confidence mean. I looked it up and here’s the definition — “a feeling of self-assurance arising from one’s appreciation of one’s own abilities or qualities”.
In order to become more confident, you need to get to know yourself and what you are really good at. What comes naturally to you? What do other people say that you are good at? We are naturally programmed to put ourselves down, and we usually have no problem being able to call to mind the things we are not so good at.
Let’s try to change that with try this exercise: Make a list of what you are good at and post it where you can see it. Thinking about what you are naturally good at isn’t conceited. It can be a call to gratitude for your unique combination of talents and abilities! Then, verbally affirm your list each day and feel your confidence grow!
Here’s some things you might put on your list
- I am a good listener.
- I am a hard worker.
- I love to learn new things.
- I have common sense.
- I am organized.
- I love my family.
- I am a good cook.
- I am disciplined.
- I am a loyal friend.
- I am a good mom.
- I love to help people.
To get you started, I’m including my own completed checklist. I’ll print it and put in a prominent place in my vehicle so I can review it each day on my commute to work.
I challenge you to do this exercise. I had fun coming up with what I wanted to include. Just print out this page, jot down your own great traits, then snap a pic with your cell phone. And, I challenge you to post your list in the comments; I even bet you’ll get some positive praise and support from others.
#confidence #rubyribbon #iamgoodatsomuch #youaregoodatsomuch #appreciateyou
I’m sitting in LaGuardia airport early this AM waiting to catch my flight home from New York, where I attended a conference for real estate agents, brokers and MLS staff. I’ve been to New York several times, always for my work. Here are some ramblings:
- Had a great time with my “work family” going to some amazing restaurants, and I realized I think I ate seafood at every meal this week
- I packed “New Yorker” clothes for the trip — black, and gray, and black… LOL
- Lots of walking, which was probably good after all those meals
- I’ve said it before but just in case you haven’t heard — “realtors have great fashion style”
- While I’m learning all about the real estate industry and their business processes, I learn so much for my Ruby Ribbon business too. Real estate, just like home-based businesses, is about relationships and connecting with customers
- Your ears pop when you ride the elevator to the 43rd floor
- I’m looking forward to opening my box of Ruby Ribbon’s Spring Capsule which online packing tracking says will be waiting for me when I get home
#ilovenewyork #iloverubyribbon #ilovegoinghomeagaintoo #springisinmymailbox #springfashions #workwardrobe
Taking a break for a minute from my daily posts about the Ruby Ribbon Summer Capsule to share this cute quote with you.
Who can relate?