When women come to a trunk show in my Mobile Clothing and Shapewear Boutique, the number one question I still get is “Do you drive it?” It makes me giggle a bit because of course I drive it, how do you think I got there?
But, I understand the intent. It’s 35 feet long and I know that I was intimidated when I first got going with it. As I was driving to a show earlier this week, it occurred to me that after two seasons using a mobile boutique to run my business, driving it has become quite routine for me. Yes, I need to think and plan ahead for my route to make sure I don’t end up somewhere that I can’t get out of, and I’m still a bit intimated backing into a driveway, especially if I have to do it from the “wrong” direction, but overall, I get along fine. (I hope I didn’t just jinx myself).
If the weather holds, I think I still have about two months where I can continue to offer women some retail therapy with driveway parties and girls night out. It’s really a great way to get a few friends together for some fun and fashion (and you of course, get a few rewards and perks). Why not try it?
#retailtherapy #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #fashion #fun #girlsnightout #drivewayparty
I made a few updates to my About Me page = feel free to check it out! Any surprises?
#aboutme #stylewithchar #snowmobiling? #mobilenoutique
Join me tomorrow night (May 31) at 6:30 PM at Winds of Change Creative Healing Center in Fargo.
I’ll have my Mobile Clothing and Shapewear Boutique set up in the parking lot and will be featuring my “Bye Bye Bra” Ruby Ribbon cami and showing local women how they can ditch their bra (and the uncomfortable underwires) forever.
I will also have on-trend clothing, amazingly comfortable shapewear and slimming swimsuits there for you to try on! Sizes range from XS to 3XL and I would love to help you add a few new pieces to your wardrobe.
Hope to see you there!
#stylewithchar #windsofchange #byebyebra #ditchyourbra #fargoND #legendaryND
Last spring I added the mobile clothing and shapewear to my business and it has been a big hit with customers.
Women love the convenience of shopping with their friends in a private setting, but not having to clean their homes or displace their families. It makes being a Ruby Ribbon hostess for a trunk show so easy.
I’ve been planning to personalize this RV for my business and yesterday, I had graphics added to highlight my products and the service I provide. So, I guess you might say I stepped it up a notch, and I’ll do that for your and your friends too at a fun fashion party in your driveway or a nearby parking lot.
Inside, I have a space for us you to check out the clothes and three changing rooms. Plus, mirrors and of course you can bring snacks and beverages. I would love to show it off to you!
#mobileboutique #fashiontruck #stylewithchar #rubyribbononthego #travelingfashion #womensclothing
Good morning, it’s a beautiful morning in North Dakota — very little wind, a bit brisk and a gorgeous sunrise. I’m already at my desk at my “day job” and I had a great drive this morning in my Ruby Ribbon Mobile Boutique.
It’s my first day this season back on the road with Ruby Ribbon and I’m so excited to bring Ruby Ribbon’s Spring Collection and a preview of our new swimwear line to several gals in Moorhead MN. I hope they love it all! I guess I can say that driving my RV is like riding a bike, since it all came back to me pretty quickly and traffic was a bit heavier at 7 AM than I expected so I got to test my merging skills.
While my hostess tonight is going to earn some great rewards, what’s even better is that her guests will be able to benefit as well from our Capri Spree all month long, where they can get a pair of capris for as low as $29 when they spend $100. Even our brand new Criss Cross Capris are included in this special and they are discounted to $39.
So, I’ll fill the gas tank for your show if you’re ready to book it. Just let me know.
#stylewithchar #NDmobileboutique #ontheroadagain
This weekend, we took some time to install new batteries in my Ruby Ribbon Mobile Boutique and I am close to kicking off the Season 2! I still need to get the vacuum going in it (no fun!) and restock it with my latest Spring styles, plus find a way to display our new Ruby Ribbon swimwear launching later this month!
I have a Trunk Show and Shopping Party scheduled this week already, and I look forward to sharing Ruby Ribbon with some new women. I’m working on getting real graphics added this year too and that’s exciting!
To keep tabs on where I’m at for public events, follow me on this page.
#mobileboutique #NDevents #events #shoppingparty #trunkshow
It’s billed as the “greatest show in Fargo” and I think that’s right. I’m talking about the 7th annual local ladies night out. With a circus theme this year, it’s bound to be a performance evening you won’t forget.
Both Boudoir and Pinup Photography by Yvonne Denault and Ruby Ribbon have so much in common when it comes to honoring women. At Ruby Ribbon, we believe that ALL women are smart, powerful and beautiful, and that’s what you’ll see and learn when you attend Pinup on the Plains as well.
Here’s just some of what you can expect that evening:
- Photo booth complete with themed props
- Mouth-watering desserts and Cash Bar
- Ultimate Lingerie Fashion Show (I was one of the models in the fashion show last year and it was so fun to wear the pinup and cocktail fashions. See if you can find me in the video.)
- Door Prizes (watch for the Ruby Ribbon Free Cami and $50 gift certificates!)
- Gift Items (VIP ticket holders)
- Interactive Partner Expo, including a chance to check out my Ruby Ribbon booth where I’ll be featuring prize giveaways using a rubber duck carnival game
- An opportunity to get OUTRAGEOUS with your outfit! (Ruby Ribbon’s Sequin Skirt or Ruched Skirt/Ruched Tee combo would be great options or contact me for many other ideas!) I also have the best slips and shapewear to provide the right foundation for your Pinup attire.
- Live Band (Post Traumatic Funk Syndrome) and Dancing
If you need a ticket, head over to the Pinup on the Plains website to pick on up.
#pinupontheplains #yvonnedenaultphotography #rubyribbon #viviecouture #hugsnotspanx #shapewearfromchar
A special fashion event is set for Monday, Oct 24, at 6:30 PM at the Four Points by Sheraton in Fargo.
Hosted by several local stylists, here’s what you can expect:
- Hear Jodi Wilson from Ruby Ribbon’s corporate offices in California, who will be on hand to help debut the Winter/Holiday wardrobe items and to offer many styling and fashion tips
- See how these fashions look on women, when several local models — many body shapes and sizes — show you the latest fashion items on women, not on hangers
- Get ideas for what to wear every day, or for those upcoming holiday special occasions
- Try on any of your favorite items to see how they look on you
- Watch the transformation of a Ruby Ribbon “Bye Bye Bra” cami when we show you a live “before and after” that will take an inch off the waist of the model, plus smooth and shape her
Mark your calendars for this fun event and let your Ruby Ribbon stylist know you are coming. Wear your Ruby Ribbon if you have it! Bring a friend or two to get sharing rewards.
#rubyribbon #fashionevent #fargofashion #winterwardrobe
When I take my Mobile Clothing and Shapewear Boutique, I no longer really think too hard about driving it. Yes, I often still do a “drive by” in my car to ensure that I’m not going to get myself into a pickle, but for the most part, I’ve become pretty comfortable driving all 35 feet of it.
I still get questions when people hear about it though, and the most frequent question is “do you drive it?” — and the answer is definitely Yes, and (sidenote, usually I’m driving it in heels. LOL)
I use my Mobile Boutique for vendor events, driveway and shopping parties, and for personal styling appointments too. It’s so simple for anyone hosting, since they don’t have to clean their house, relocate their family to the basement, or do much fussing. Just invite a few friends, bring out a few snacks and you’re ready!
#mobileboutique #fashiontruck #travelingfun #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #fashiontrucks #fashiontruckfriday #coolestfashiontruckever #mobilefashiontruck
For many years, Leonard ND has been the site of a fun Fall Festival that features community activities including a rodeo.
I’m bringing my Mobile Clothing and Shapewear Boutique to Leonard next Saturday during the Fall Festival. You can find me in the parking lot of the Leonard Convenience Store on the south side of town. I hope you can find a few minutes to stop in. Look for the RV with the Ruby Ribbon sign.
- You’ll be able to learn how you can replace those uncomfortable underwire bras and never wear one again
- You can try on a few new fashions for Fall in sizes ranging from XS to 3XL
- Or you can just say “hi” and see what’s going on — maybe tell the gals trying on something how great they look
- If you’re a horseback rider, let me tell you the benefits of riding with a Ruby Ribbon cami