We’re in the thick of summer now, so I thought I would take a few minutes and share some fashion tips to help you as you navigate through hot days, maybe when you’re working or while you’re on vacay.
- Choose loose, flowy styles — Try a fashion-forward loose-fitting top that skims your body. You can even wear it to work topped with a blazer or cute cardi
- Dare to bare—but it doesn’t mean you have to show everything! Strappy dresses are a way to stay stylish (and cool) without showing too much skin.
Add a pop of color — Choose pieces with a serious punch of color like coral, blue or yellow for a fresh, summer look. Use a brightly colored bag or shoes to pair with neutrals you already know and love.
Explore patterns — Try something new and show up to the next event wearing an in-your-face floral print or a splash of geometric pattern. Make a statement.
- Get the right fabrics — Seek out breathable fabrics like cotton and linen (or even silk) to stay cool on super hot days.
#summer #tips #fashiontips #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #popofcolor #looseandflowy #style #daretobare #linen #cotton #silk #explorepatterns #floral #geometric
Too racy for you? Check out our new Lace Bodysuit in black, just one of several new items in our Fall 2018 collection.
In floral stretch lace, this new top will look great over a cami or even a demiette; wear it over black for a traditional look or choose an accent color for under the lace.
It features 3/4 length sleeves and a v-neckline with a ruched detail. The bodysuit runs a little small, so you want to size up.
Here are some ideas I have for wearing it:
- For an edgy vibe, I can see this easily with skinny jeans and heels. Is that your style?
- But, I can also picture it with the black or navy Flounce Skirt, paired with our Ponte Jacket.
Two ways, totally different. How would you rock this?
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE 2018 FALL CAPSULE, AND GET A FIRST LOOK AT ALL NEW RUBY RIBBON ITEMS BY JOINING MY ONLINE STYLE COMMUNITY
#bodysuit #rockon #fall2018 #stylewithchar #fallfashion #skinnyband #style #womensclothes #ladiesfashion #wearwithacami #edgy #vibe
With summer comes new needs for shapewear, am I right? We open up our necklines with strapless, one-shoulder and racerback. We put on crop tops (well, I don’t, but lots of women do). We wear more v-necks to show off those summer tans. And, we toss on summer dresses to stay cool while looking great.
Well, we’ve got your covered with shapewear that works perfectly for the summer. We’ll support you in total comfort with no underwires ever!
Here are the 4 key summer shapewear pieces you need in your lingerie drawer:
- Convertible Cami – you love your Ruby Ribbon cami but the straps are showing under your favorite summer top. Pick up a Convertible Cami to alleviate that strap agitation. Configure it for nearly any neckline, including strapless. We even offer clear straps when you just have no other option but a strap.
- Convertible slip or V-neck slip – look your best in your summer sundresses or special occasion dress with a Ruby Ribbon slip. Choose the Convertible Slip for no-show under almost any neckline and the most shaping and smoothing. Try the V-neck Slip for a little less hug, but still a smooth look. With either, no bra needed (but no worrying about support and lift)
- Lace or Original Full Support Demiette – you can wear a Ruby Ribbon Demiette anytime, but when you choose to rock a crop top, you’ll want a wirefree and painfree Demiette as your supportive choice
- Boy short or Thigh slimmers – on waist or high waist – we choose dresses and slips more in the summer, for a cool and comfortable but still smart look. Underneath these, take a little help from a Boy Short if you only need a light and smoothing foundation piece. But if you want more thigh and waist slimming with deeper control, choose a Ruby Ribbon Thigh Slimmer in either high waist or on-waist. (The on-waist is my “go-to” under summer dresses)
Want great tips like this all the time? Just join my online style community to keep yourself stylish and confident.
#celebrateconfidence #summershapewear #shapewear #strapless #slips#demiettte #rubyribbon #boyshort #thighslimmer #stylewithchar #stylewithconfidence #workthome #womensupportingwomen #suitesassypants #successfulwomen #goalgetter #itsasuitething
A big thank you to my friend Carolyn H who took the time to record this snippet videos to help anyone shopping online see the features of each of four different Ruby Ribbon tankini tops.
Any of these tops can then be paired with either the Ruched Bottoms (my personal favorite and I got rid of every other tankini bottom I owned once I tried these) or the super cute Swim Skirt.
First, let’s take a look at the Bali tankini, which comes in two great prints with a high neckline adorned with a built in necklace.
Next, Carolyn showcases the Bora Bora, my personal favorite and right now I own it in panther, tropical and black. The front of this top has figure-flattering ruffles.
Our third tanking to look at is the Lanai, a tankini that leaves you feeling very supported and features a swing top made for lots of tummy coverage.
Finally, check our our newest tankini top, the Kauai. It features a flattering sweetheart neckline and side ruching that ties to let you adjust the length.
Enjoy the videos and let us know which looks like it might be your favorite!
To see more videos and other fashion topics, join my online community.
#swim #bali #borabora #bathingsuits #lanai #kauai #swimsuits #stylewithchar #thankstomyfriendCarolyn #rubyribbon #summer #swimfashion #swimskirt
One of our most popular Ruby Ribbon swimsuits has been the Riviera, named “universally flattering” in InStyle magazine. Last week, we kicked it up a notch by adding this gorgeous Ruby color option for this suit.
You also can still get it in black, Oasis, Panter and Tropical. In sizes 8-20, the ruching on this suit is your biggest friend. It slims you across the body for an hourglass look, plus this suit also shapes and slims your waist and hips.
Plus, the Ruby Ribbon technology is back to help with your bustline. This suit supports you without underwires. Check out the pictures I shared to show you the flexibility offered with the halter strap tie.
And one of the main benefits of choosing a Ruby Ribbon swimsuit is that we can meet and you can try it on in comfort without the pain of those dressing room mirrors.
Want to learn more about the slimming and supportive Ruby Ribbon swimsuits (both 1-piece and tankinis), then join my online fashion community.
#ruby #swim #rrswim #stylewithchar #universallyflattering #tryoninprivate #rubyribbon #tankini #bathingsuit #swimsuit #sassydirect #socialitesuite
As I traditionally do, here’s a quick rundown of all the new items in the Summer 2018 Capsule, along with key features, styling tips and more.
Comment below and let me know which is your favorite?
All Style, All the TIme – Join my online community on Facebook.
#summerfashion #stylewithchar #dualtank #cobaltblue #rubyribbon #casual #weekend #summer
I was excited to personally wear something from the new Summer 2018 Capsule today. When I was getting ready for work, I ran downstairs to the living room where I had my rack set up for an event that I did earlier this week in my home. It was fun to shop from my own Pop-Up Shop and select the Dual Tank in Cobalt Blue.
This tank is a super soft t-shirt fabric and also comes in basic black. It’s flattering but doesn’t cling to your belly and the armholes are just the right height to hide that “who has time to exercise” flab you may have (-just sayin’). It also features a snap loop at the shoulder to easily snap in your favorite Ruby Ribbon cami.
Today, it’s really still pretty cold where I live, so I paired it with my favorite Jacquard Leggings in black, plus the Ponte Blazer (aka boyfriend jacket). I chose to wear the Dual Tank as a v-neck, but it can also be worn as a scoop neck just by turning it around.
Other ways to style it might include:
- With the R&R Pants for lounging on the weekend
- With jeans and a jacket for a casual Friday
- With the Ottoman Ponte Skirt for the office professional
- With the Stretch Woven Pants in any color but perfect with the white
- I can go on and on, someone stop me!
See all the fashions in the Summer Capsule by reviewing this recap of all related posts.
Get sneak peaks, fashion tips, occasional prizes and new fashion friends by joining my online community on Facebook.
#summerfashion #stylewithchar #dualtank #cobaltblue #rubyribbon #casual #weekend #summer
When you’re shopping for a new swimsuit, understanding your body shape can help you determine which swimsuit will look best on you. It’s possible to find a suit that fits your body well and makes you feel great.
If you need help determining which is your body type, I am happy to help.
Your waist is larger than your hips and/or your shoulders and you carry your weight in your middle
- Ruching and shirring works miracles. The gathered fabric hides bulges and creates waist definition.
- Try a retro-inspired, high-waisted suit. They’re on trend and great for covering your abdomen.
- Tankinis with a solid color top and a patterned bottom will give you a more balance appearance.
- One-piece bathing suits with tummy control or other design feature like ruching that create the illusion of a waist line will be the most flattering.
You’re curvy at the hips and thighs and smaller on top
- Balance your proportions and be sure to get the coverage you need for your bottom half.
- A plunging neckline or eye-catching top draws the eye upward, minimizing the bottom.
- Colorblocking can help highlight your shape
- Try suits with a solid colored bottom and patterned top.
- Skirted swimsuits are back in style and can be found in many patterns and styles. They will give you a more balance look.
- Try on a boy short style for more coverage on the bottom.
- A one-piece will hide your waist. Choose one with shirred panels over the stomach, or in a dark, solid color.
Your shoulders, waist and hips are all a similar width
- One-piece or two-piece suits with detailing around the waist will help create a more hourglass shape.
- Tops with ruffles, horizontal lines, and designs create a larger bust.
- Try a wrap style top or a belted bathing suit bottom to create more waist definition.
- Tops or bottoms with bold prints, ruffles, and embellishments add intrigue and feminine flair and can create the appearance of more curve at top and bottom.
- Tie-side bottoms enhance curves and adjust perfectly to your size.
Your shoulders and hips are about the same width and you have a smaller waist
- Almost any classic styled bathing suit will flatter your figure! Celebrate!
#swim #swimsuits #dressforyourbody #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #bathingsuits #summer
Because I thought you might like to know….
- When the Barbie doll debuted on March 9, 1959, her first outfit was a black-and-white striped swimsuit
- In 1907, when Australian swimmer Annette Kellerman (1887-1975) wore a one-piece suit in Boston that revealed her arms and legs, she was promptly arrested for indecent exposure.
- In 1923, New York ballet dancer Pearl Howell donned an unusual bathing suit made entirely of seaweed.
- The bikini was worn for the first time by French model and nude dancer Micheline Bernardini for a poolside fashion show at the Piscine Molitor in Paris on July 5, 1946. She later received 50,000 fan letters.
- In Australia, swimsuits are known as “cossies.” In the UK and Ireland, they are called “togs.”
#swimsuits #swimwear #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #tankini #indecentexposure #seaweed
(I found all these and more on https://www.factretriever.com/swimsuit-facts)
My recent trunk show clients are just loving the Laid Back Top from the Spring 2018 Collection.
It’s casual and fun and so versatile, it’s a weekend or a summer day in a tank top. Be sure to try wearing it frontwards or backwards for a totally different look. Check out the criss cross detail in the back! Of course, pair it over a Ruby Ribbon cami in a neutral like white or black, or a pop of color under it, maybe red?
It will be a “go-to” with shorts, but try it with jeans and our Ponte Blazer. And of course, it’s a given that you’ll wear it with the Hangout Hoodie… To me, it speaks casual, but if you wanna dress it up, show me!
Spring 2018 Fashion Summary
#weekend #laidback #stylewithchar #laidbacktop #RubyRibbon #casual #hangout #justhangingout