As I traditionally do, here’s a quick rundown of all the new items in the Summer 2018 Capsule, along with key features, styling tips and more.
Comment below and let me know which is your favorite?
All Style, All the TIme – Join my online community on Facebook.
#summerfashion #stylewithchar #dualtank #cobaltblue #rubyribbon #casual #weekend #summer
I was excited to personally wear something from the new Summer 2018 Capsule today. When I was getting ready for work, I ran downstairs to the living room where I had my rack set up for an event that I did earlier this week in my home. It was fun to shop from my own Pop-Up Shop and select the Dual Tank in Cobalt Blue.
This tank is a super soft t-shirt fabric and also comes in basic black. It’s flattering but doesn’t cling to your belly and the armholes are just the right height to hide that “who has time to exercise” flab you may have (-just sayin’). It also features a snap loop at the shoulder to easily snap in your favorite Ruby Ribbon cami.
Today, it’s really still pretty cold where I live, so I paired it with my favorite Jacquard Leggings in black, plus the Ponte Blazer (aka boyfriend jacket). I chose to wear the Dual Tank as a v-neck, but it can also be worn as a scoop neck just by turning it around.
Other ways to style it might include:
- With the R&R Pants for lounging on the weekend
- With jeans and a jacket for a casual Friday
- With the Ottoman Ponte Skirt for the office professional
- With the Stretch Woven Pants in any color but perfect with the white
- I can go on and on, someone stop me!
See all the fashions in the Summer Capsule by reviewing this recap of all related posts.
Get sneak peaks, fashion tips, occasional prizes and new fashion friends by joining my online community on Facebook.
#summerfashion #stylewithchar #dualtank #cobaltblue #rubyribbon #casual #weekend #summer
When you’re shopping for a new swimsuit, understanding your body shape can help you determine which swimsuit will look best on you. It’s possible to find a suit that fits your body well and makes you feel great.
If you need help determining which is your body type, I am happy to help.
Your waist is larger than your hips and/or your shoulders and you carry your weight in your middle
- Ruching and shirring works miracles. The gathered fabric hides bulges and creates waist definition.
- Try a retro-inspired, high-waisted suit. They’re on trend and great for covering your abdomen.
- Tankinis with a solid color top and a patterned bottom will give you a more balance appearance.
- One-piece bathing suits with tummy control or other design feature like ruching that create the illusion of a waist line will be the most flattering.
You’re curvy at the hips and thighs and smaller on top
- Balance your proportions and be sure to get the coverage you need for your bottom half.
- A plunging neckline or eye-catching top draws the eye upward, minimizing the bottom.
- Colorblocking can help highlight your shape
- Try suits with a solid colored bottom and patterned top.
- Skirted swimsuits are back in style and can be found in many patterns and styles. They will give you a more balance look.
- Try on a boy short style for more coverage on the bottom.
- A one-piece will hide your waist. Choose one with shirred panels over the stomach, or in a dark, solid color.
Your shoulders, waist and hips are all a similar width
- One-piece or two-piece suits with detailing around the waist will help create a more hourglass shape.
- Tops with ruffles, horizontal lines, and designs create a larger bust.
- Try a wrap style top or a belted bathing suit bottom to create more waist definition.
- Tops or bottoms with bold prints, ruffles, and embellishments add intrigue and feminine flair and can create the appearance of more curve at top and bottom.
- Tie-side bottoms enhance curves and adjust perfectly to your size.
Your shoulders and hips are about the same width and you have a smaller waist
- Almost any classic styled bathing suit will flatter your figure! Celebrate!
#swim #swimsuits #dressforyourbody #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #bathingsuits #summer
Because I thought you might like to know….
- When the Barbie doll debuted on March 9, 1959, her first outfit was a black-and-white striped swimsuit
- In 1907, when Australian swimmer Annette Kellerman (1887-1975) wore a one-piece suit in Boston that revealed her arms and legs, she was promptly arrested for indecent exposure.
- In 1923, New York ballet dancer Pearl Howell donned an unusual bathing suit made entirely of seaweed.
- The bikini was worn for the first time by French model and nude dancer Micheline Bernardini for a poolside fashion show at the Piscine Molitor in Paris on July 5, 1946. She later received 50,000 fan letters.
- In Australia, swimsuits are known as “cossies.” In the UK and Ireland, they are called “togs.”
#swimsuits #swimwear #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #tankini #indecentexposure #seaweed
(I found all these and more on https://www.factretriever.com/swimsuit-facts)
My recent trunk show clients are just loving the Laid Back Top from the Spring 2018 Collection.
It’s casual and fun and so versatile, it’s a weekend or a summer day in a tank top. Be sure to try wearing it frontwards or backwards for a totally different look. Check out the criss cross detail in the back! Of course, pair it over a Ruby Ribbon cami in a neutral like white or black, or a pop of color under it, maybe red?
It will be a “go-to” with shorts, but try it with jeans and our Ponte Blazer. And of course, it’s a given that you’ll wear it with the Hangout Hoodie… To me, it speaks casual, but if you wanna dress it up, show me!
Spring 2018 Fashion Summary
#weekend #laidback #stylewithchar #laidbacktop #RubyRibbon #casual #hangout #justhangingout
This morning (well maybe not just this morning but time to do something about it), I realized that even though I’ve had pedicures quite often this summer, my feet were well, just plain awful. I guess wearing sandals for days on end (and loving that, BTW), just takes a toll on your feet.
After a quick tour through the Internet, I decided to soak my feet in a mixture of Epsom salt, sea salt, baking soda and essential oil. First I had to find a container large enough to hold the water and both my feet. Harder than it sounds, I’ll tell you.
Then I filled it using the recipe below, pulled up a chair next to it, grabbed a magazine to read, and plunged in my tootsies. (Grateful for polished concrete floors when I realized I didn’t grab a towel too)
I’m pretty surprised how great my feet felt after 15 minutes. While not perfect, this combo did a nice job of exfoliating, and then I did a bit more with some sugar scrub in the shower.
Here’s the recipe I used:
- 1/3 cup Epsom sale
- 1/3 cup sea salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- 10 drops of a favorite essential oil (lavender, lemon, peppermint, you get the idea)
Sorry, I didn’t take a picture of my feet (you should be glad I spared you of that!) but I found one of those on the internet too (full disclose, this is from a site that provides free stock photos so need to turn me into the Internet police)
If you try out this luxury for your own feet, drop me a line and tell me if it worked as good for you!
#stylewithchar #ijustwroteaboutfeet? #rubyribbon #summertofall #summer #sandals #pedicureathome
Here are a couple collages of some Summer outfits that I put together for a few other projects. Seemed like something you might also enjoy?
In this pic, the items are (from left) the Crochet Poncho with black leggings, Tuck Tunic in Smudge pattern and Tunic Dress.
And in this one (from left), our Little Brown Dress, Cape Tunic in black with white Jacquard Leggings, and the Side Ruched Dress (on sale right now for 30% off!)
All items come in sizes XS to 3XL.
#summerfashion #staycoollookhot #stylewithchar
So, here’s a breakdown on how my morning went today:
- Put on Ruby Ribbon Flip Skirt (black side out) paired with cute black and white pattern top
- Remembered my white patterned t-shirt with rhinestones and swapped that for the black and white top
- Realized that the white t-shirt might match my super fun and funky multi-colored summer sandals. Slipped them on and stood in front of the mirror
- Decided that the sandals and t-shirt really didn’t go together, not so much because of colors but more about different vibes with fabric and such
- Realized the fun shoes would look much better with the dark brown side of the Flip Skirt so I “flipped” it (this skirt is reversible – one side is black and other brown)
- Went back into closet to look for a top of an appropriate color to match the shoes and settled on a fuscia colored jersey tee
- Tossed on an animal print scarf and a ivory colored jean jacket and headed out the door
Can you relate? Maybe a little?
#fashion #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #flip #flipskirt #reversible
A few weeks ago, I asked my friend Sunil to share with me the best shorts for various body types. We all need a little help from someone who knows more than them once in a while, right?
Well, he certainly delivered! Last week he posted on his own blog some tips on selecting the best shorts for you. You need to head over there to read how it not only gives some great tips in selecting and styling shorts, but also breaks it down very specifically for each of five body types.
#thankssunil #shorts #summer #stylewithchar #Imapear #whatareyou?
Our Convertible Sash Skirt (on sale right now for 30% off!) can be worn as a gorgeous skirt, and it travels so well. The matte jersey fabric never wrinkles!
But, try it out as a dress too! The sash can be worn as a halter or strapless (with our convertible strapless slip, of course).
Just think of the versatility of this skirt/dress and how many ways you can wear it this summer plus on your next vacation!
#dress #skirt #convertible #stylewithchar #rubyribbonrocks