If you’ve got your mind on the beach and a day of boating, don’t worry about what you’ll be wearing. With the latest swimsuits debuting last month and our new beach styles just launched, it’ll be smooth sailing!
Here’s the details on the newest beach styles just launching
- Our new Graphic Caftan will get you noticed on the beach! It’s loose and flowing with a bold and graphic print of tropical colors paired with both navy and black. It will match any RR Swim piece perfectly. It features a v-neck and is knee length with flirty side slits. I see this as a “go to” beach style
- Our bestselling tankini, the Bali Tankini, just launched in Ruby Red (in addition to the existing Garden print and Navy Polka Dot). Both feature a built-in metal necklace detail; the garden and red both have a gold necklace and the navy dot has a silver necklace. And, like all our swimsuits, this suit is UPF protective and chlorine resistant. Pair this top with our Swim Skirt or my personal favorites, the Ruched Bottoms.
- Our Beach Pants made of breezy cotton gauze will soon be your new favorite summer pant. Pull them on over a swimsuit or pair them with a tankini top on the patio. They’ll look cool and you’ll feel cool. (Wash in cold, lay flat to dry. Cotton gauze will shrink if not cared for properly.)
#beachplease #swimsuits #slimmingswimsuits #stylewithchar #rrswim #coverup #caftan #graphic #beachpants #cottongauze #wearallsummer #summer #lakes #vitaminsea #imatthebeach
Check out Ruby Ribbon Designer Cami Raymond’s tips for taking your Ruby Ribbon Swimsuit from pool to patio with our wraps and cover-ups. And don’t forget that every Ruby Ribbon swimsuit features shaping and slimming technology to help you look your best.
Want more styling tips, join my online fashion community, including sneak peaks on new collections and advance notice of sales.
#swim #bathingsuit #swimsuit #stylewithchar #style #summerfashion #slimmingswimsuits #shaping #nounderwires #pooltopatio #celebrateconfidence
A big thank you to my friend Carolyn H who took the time to record this snippet videos to help anyone shopping online see the features of each of four different Ruby Ribbon tankini tops.
Any of these tops can then be paired with either the Ruched Bottoms (my personal favorite and I got rid of every other tankini bottom I owned once I tried these) or the super cute Swim Skirt.
First, let’s take a look at the Bali tankini, which comes in two great prints with a high neckline adorned with a built in necklace.
Next, Carolyn showcases the Bora Bora, my personal favorite and right now I own it in panther, tropical and black. The front of this top has figure-flattering ruffles.
Our third tanking to look at is the Lanai, a tankini that leaves you feeling very supported and features a swing top made for lots of tummy coverage.
Finally, check our our newest tankini top, the Kauai. It features a flattering sweetheart neckline and side ruching that ties to let you adjust the length.
Enjoy the videos and let us know which looks like it might be your favorite!
To see more videos and other fashion topics, join my online community.
#swim #bali #borabora #bathingsuits #lanai #kauai #swimsuits #stylewithchar #thankstomyfriendCarolyn #rubyribbon #summer #swimfashion #swimskirt
One of our most popular Ruby Ribbon swimsuits has been the Riviera, named “universally flattering” in InStyle magazine. Last week, we kicked it up a notch by adding this gorgeous Ruby color option for this suit.
You also can still get it in black, Oasis, Panter and Tropical. In sizes 8-20, the ruching on this suit is your biggest friend. It slims you across the body for an hourglass look, plus this suit also shapes and slims your waist and hips.
Plus, the Ruby Ribbon technology is back to help with your bustline. This suit supports you without underwires. Check out the pictures I shared to show you the flexibility offered with the halter strap tie.
And one of the main benefits of choosing a Ruby Ribbon swimsuit is that we can meet and you can try it on in comfort without the pain of those dressing room mirrors.
Want to learn more about the slimming and supportive Ruby Ribbon swimsuits (both 1-piece and tankinis), then join my online fashion community.
#ruby #swim #rrswim #stylewithchar #universallyflattering #tryoninprivate #rubyribbon #tankini #bathingsuit #swimsuit #sassydirect #socialitesuite
I love when our Ruby Ribbon designer Cami (yeah, that’s really her name) takes a few minutes to showcase our products. Here’s a great video of her sharing what makes the new Kauai Tankini Top special from her perspective.
If you were getting one, would you want Panther or Tropical?
#rrswim #panther #tropical #pooltopatio #stylewithchar #swimsuits #bathingsuits
I showcase more of the Ruby Ribbon swimwear in my online Facebook community. I would love to have you join.
When you’re shopping for a new swimsuit, understanding your body shape can help you determine which swimsuit will look best on you. It’s possible to find a suit that fits your body well and makes you feel great.
If you need help determining which is your body type, I am happy to help.
Your waist is larger than your hips and/or your shoulders and you carry your weight in your middle
- Ruching and shirring works miracles. The gathered fabric hides bulges and creates waist definition.
- Try a retro-inspired, high-waisted suit. They’re on trend and great for covering your abdomen.
- Tankinis with a solid color top and a patterned bottom will give you a more balance appearance.
- One-piece bathing suits with tummy control or other design feature like ruching that create the illusion of a waist line will be the most flattering.
You’re curvy at the hips and thighs and smaller on top
- Balance your proportions and be sure to get the coverage you need for your bottom half.
- A plunging neckline or eye-catching top draws the eye upward, minimizing the bottom.
- Colorblocking can help highlight your shape
- Try suits with a solid colored bottom and patterned top.
- Skirted swimsuits are back in style and can be found in many patterns and styles. They will give you a more balance look.
- Try on a boy short style for more coverage on the bottom.
- A one-piece will hide your waist. Choose one with shirred panels over the stomach, or in a dark, solid color.
Your shoulders, waist and hips are all a similar width
- One-piece or two-piece suits with detailing around the waist will help create a more hourglass shape.
- Tops with ruffles, horizontal lines, and designs create a larger bust.
- Try a wrap style top or a belted bathing suit bottom to create more waist definition.
- Tops or bottoms with bold prints, ruffles, and embellishments add intrigue and feminine flair and can create the appearance of more curve at top and bottom.
- Tie-side bottoms enhance curves and adjust perfectly to your size.
Your shoulders and hips are about the same width and you have a smaller waist
- Almost any classic styled bathing suit will flatter your figure! Celebrate!
#swim #swimsuits #dressforyourbody #rubyribbon #stylewithchar #bathingsuits #summer
Want to learn more about body shapes and fashion? Join my online style community.
Because I thought you might like to know….
- When the Barbie doll debuted on March 9, 1959, her first outfit was a black-and-white striped swimsuit
- In 1907, when Australian swimmer Annette Kellerman (1887-1975) wore a one-piece suit in Boston that revealed her arms and legs, she was promptly arrested for indecent exposure.
- In 1923, New York ballet dancer Pearl Howell donned an unusual bathing suit made entirely of seaweed.
- The bikini was worn for the first time by French model and nude dancer Micheline Bernardini for a poolside fashion show at the Piscine Molitor in Paris on July 5, 1946. She later received 50,000 fan letters.
- In Australia, swimsuits are known as “cossies.” In the UK and Ireland, they are called “togs.”
#swimsuits #swimwear #stylewithchar #rubyribbon #tankini #indecentexposure #seaweed
(I found all these and more on https://www.factretriever.com/swimsuit-facts)
When I packed for my recent cruise, I made a commitment to myself not to pack so many “options” that I came home with a suitcase full of clothes that I never wore. Here’s one strategy I used to cut down on the number of items I brought along.
Many of the items that I packed doubled as swim cover-ups later. I would wear them as an outfit one day, then as a swimsuit cover-up the next day (or a day later if you have a thing about people seeing you in the same clothes again).
Here are three examples of Ruby Ribbon items that I wore first as an outfit, then as a cover-up (but I also did it with two sundresses too). From left, it’s the Nothin but Net Tunic, Crochet Poncho and the Pleated Mesh Dress. The poncho is stretchy and just super fun over a swimsuit. The tunic and dress both have removable liners that make them airy and breezy and beautiful as swim cover-ups. (Of course, I wore these over my favorite Ruby Ribbon swimsuits!)
Keep this idea in mind the next time you’re packing for a warm weather trip!
#travel #swim #rrswim #stylewithchar #packing #rubyribbon #poncho
We’re taking the Mobile Clothing and Shapewear Boutique on the road in a new way this weekend — we’re going camping! This should get the campground talking!
With an air mattress in the changing room space, and some actual food in the fridge, we should be set. Oh, and a few camp chairs outside (I even have one with the Ruby Ribbon logo.)
You can be sure I’ll still have some Ruby Ribbon along, including at least one of our swimsuits (on sale, BTW). And, if like it says on the back, “I stop, you shop” so if anyone decides they’d like to shop, I bet I can get a few samples out for them to try on.
#swimsuits #swim #stylewithchar #intimeforJuly4 #summerishere #rubyribbonswim