In my local newspaper this Sunday, there was an article called “Four shopping rules for spring and summer fashion” (by Brittany Anas from shopathome.com. You can find this syndicated article in several spots on the web).
I thought I would summarize her rules for you and adapt them to what I offer with Ruby Ribbon.
- Abide by the rule of 3 — With new pieces, determine if you can wear it three different ways, such as with other items in your closet or for varying occasions (work, evening)With Ruby Ribbon, we have both wardrobe basics and new on-trend fashions that will either augment your wardrobe staples or complement them.
- Shop now — Spring collections have been around for a few months and many are already on sale.Think about Ruby Ribbon’s capri sale as a great “shop now” to make your wardrobe budget stretch further.
- Upgrade your close with key pieces — Make a list before you go shopping of seasonal items or replacement pieces you need. Is there a wedding coming up and you need a dress, or even a new slip? What about the perfect new accessory to help you be fashion forward?Grab a new legging or pant from Ruby Ribbon and get the extra benefit of the “skinny band.” Our pants and leggings are timeless.
- Sign up for store emails — Stay in the know by connecting with your favorite brands and getting advance knowledge of sales and new releases.Join my mailing list by texting RUBYRIBBONCHAR to 22828 — it’s that easy!
Use fashions that “wrap” to help define and shape your waist. The Ruby Ribbon wrap dress that comes in both scarlet and black is one example. Or, check out the pink ballet wrap top too.
Today’s fashion tip is about color blocking, which means using large areas of color to direct the eye to a specific part of your body or to help you appear a different shape.
Here’s the current forecast in my neck of the woods. Pretty much, it’s freezing (literally) out there!
Those of us that live in this full-time, have some strategies for staying warm in this and I thought I’d share a few tips, maybe for those moving to colder climates or just visiting or maybe even those of us that live hear can get a tip or two.
- Dress in layers — this one probably is obvious, but your choice of layers might be. Don’t just layer up with a top and a sweater. Think tights (or even long johns) under your pants or leggings. And, be sure you’re wearing your Ruby Ribbon cami as a base layer under you top.
- Be smart about your accessories — Now is not the time to put on that chunky metal necklace. Yikes, you’ll be freezing when you walk outside with that cold metal on your skin! Instead, choose a cute scarf that will be both fashionable, but also useful when you go outside.
- Wear boots – again kind of obvious but choose a pair with a solid sole and not too high. It’s probably icy out there, so don’t be the one that learns about the ice the hard way. And, the height of the boots will help you stay warm too.
That’s my tips for today. For those of you wondering why we live here, just know that it doesn’t last long! (And too my other ND friends, what tips did I miss? Please share!)
Hey, have a few minutes? Just starting to do your holiday shopping? Let me help you out a little.
On my Ruby Ribbon Facebook page, I’ve posted a ton of ideas for the women in your life. I say that I’ve posted 12 ideas, but really, it’s a whole lot more! Head over there and check them out. You’re bound to find something that fits one of the gals you know?
If you’re concerned about sizes, I can help there too — I can get in touch with her to find out, or I am happy to provide you with a gift certificate for a specific item or a certain dollar amount. Let me help you make your shopping easier. (And ladies, if you want to drop me a hint on what you’d like, I’d be happy to get in touch with someone in your family and whisper it in their ear.)
I’ll even gift wrap (I’m a pro since I worked in the gift wrap department at a local department store when I was a teenager.)
While you’re shopping, keep in mind that Ruby Ribbon has a great “Share the Joy” sale going on right now. And, until Sunday morning, I have a special Thanksgiving Giveaway in progress.
P.S. — while you’re on my Facebook page, I would love if you would “Share” or “Like” or “Tag” on a post that resonates for you! It helps more folks learn about Ruby Ribbon!